home
RSS
September 17th, 2013

Rick Warren on guns, God and son's tragic death

By Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Lake Forest, California (CNN) — In his first interview since his son's suicide in April, famed pastor Rick Warren told CNN that he knew his son, Matthew, had bought a gun, dismissed rumors that Matthew was gay and said he doesn't blame God for the tragedy.

"I have cried every single day since Matthew died," Warren said Tuesday in an exclusive interview with CNN.

"But that - that's actually a good thing. Grief is a good thing. It's the way we get through the transitions of life."

Rick Warren and his wife, Kay, founded Saddleback Church in Southern California in 1980, growing it from a small congregation to a multisite megachurch with some 20,000 weekly worshippers.

Warren is also author of the spiritual self-help guide “The Purpose Driven Life,” one of the best-selling books of all time, with more 36 million copies sold.

But even as the Warrens grew in prominence - attending conferences with presidents and prime ministers - their son Matthew struggled with borderline personality disorder and deep depression, they said during an interview with CNN’s Piers Morgan.

The Warrens said they are opening up about their son’s tragic death because they hope to end the stigma of mental illness and save another family from the pain they suffer.

They have slowly returned to the spotlight since grieving in private for five months.

MORE ON CNN: The five things you need to know about Rick Warren

The gun

Matthew Warren visited his parents on the night of April 5, just like so many nights before.

“I had made him dinner,” Kay Warren told CNN. “He laid his head down on the kitchen table and he just said ‘I'm so tired.’ He just said ‘I'm so tired.’”

After a hug from his dad, Matthew left his parents' house and went back to his own. He and his mom began texting, and the conversation veered toward suicide, Kay Warren said.

“I knew it was very desperate. And I also knew he – I knew he had a gun.”

Earlier, Matthew had told his parents he had illegally obtained a gun online - but if they called the police about the gun he would kill himself instantly.

Matthew Warren had tried to legally purchase a gun many times, his family said. Each time he was rebuffed because he had been forcibly admitted to a mental institution, a red flag on a California background check.

“We're grateful that the laws kept Matthew from getting the gun for as long as it did,” Rick Warren said.

When Matthew hit a roadblock buying a gun, he turned to other options.

"He was so desperate to end the pain,” Kay Warren said.

Ten days earlier, Matthew had tried to end his life by overdosing on pills, the Warrens said, one of several suicide attempts in his young life.

Matthew had begged his mother to help him die, Kay Warren said.

“I will do anything to help you live,” she recalls telling him, “but I will not help you take your life.”

The texting between Matthew and Kay Warren went on for hours on the night of April 5.

Then it stopped.

The Warrens headed to Matthew’s house. He did not come to the door. The lights were on, and they decided to leave, worried if they called the police Matthew would make good on his fatal promise.

The next morning they went back to his house. The lights were still on.

This time they called the police.

Rick and Kay Warren stood outside their son’s home sobbing in each others’ arms.

They knew.

A nod from a police officer who inspected Matthew's house confirmed the worst.

“I just hit the ground," Kay Warren said.

God's plan

Matthew had access to mental health care and all the love in the world but not even that could spare him, Rick Warren said.

“If love could have kept my child alive, he'd be alive today, because he was incredibly loved,” the pastor said.

The evangelical Christian said he doesn’t blame God for his son’s death.

“I never questioned my faith in God; I questioned God’s plan,” Rick Warren said. “God isn’t the blame for my son’s death. My son took his life. It was his choice.”

Kay Warren said the family’s faith and community support got them through the past five months. Condolence cards poured in from around the world; 30,000 by Saddleback Church’s count.

In their grief, Rick and Kay Warren said they turned to a familiar source, the Bible.

For Kay Warren, a verse from the New Testament brings comfort, she said. “It says our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory.”

She recites the verse when visiting her son’s grave.

"Matthew's body was broken. That gun broke his body and he was buried in brokenness. But he's going to be raised in glory.”

GALLERY: Rick Warren over the years

Forgiveness

The Warrens said they struggle with anger that their son died using an illegally obtained firearm.

Before his death, Matthew told his parents he bought the gun online, but wouldn’t tell them from whom.

Investigators said the serial number was filed off when they recovered it from the scene. So far police have not been able to determine who sold Matthew Warren the gun.

“One of the hard things was forgiving the person who sold him the gun,” Rick Warren said. “Because I didn't want to forgive him.”

But the Warrens said their Christian faith, rooted in the belief that their own sins had been forgiven by Jesus, enabled them to forgive the person who sold the gun to their son.

“I don't want to be tied to that person emotionally for the rest of my life,” Kay Warren said.

Slightly more than half of Americans - 53% - think churches should do more to prevent suicide in America, according to a new poll by LifeWay Research, a Christian company based in Nashville.

Nearly half of evangelicals (48%) say people with serious mental illnesses like depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia can be cured by Bible study and prayer alone. Sixty percent of Americans overall disagree.

The Warrens said Matthew had access to good health care, but the system sometimes puts obstacles between families and their mentally ill loved ones.

Kay Warren pointed to difficulty families have in getting mentally ill family members help because of laws on patient privacy.

“The right to privacy and that right to autonomy, it's a dance,” she said.
 “I don't have good answers. It's a dance. So we've got to do a better job with that.”

Because the Warrens are conservative Christians who oppose same-sex marriage, rumors circulated about Matthew's sexuality in the days after his death.

The Warrens dismissed those rumors in the CNN interview.

“Well, first, Matthew wasn't gay, " Rick Warren said, "but if he was, we would have loved him unconditionally anyway. It wouldn't have made one difference at all.”

The Warrens said they have tried to stay away from online criticism and the rumors surrounding Matthew’s death so they can focus on his legacy: raising awareness about mental illness.

Hope

Asked why they had not prioritized mental illness earlier, the Warrens said that they did not want to thrust their troubled son into the limelight.

“It was his story to tell,” Rick Warren said.

Now telling Matthew’s story falls to his parents.

They want the world to remember a young man who was “funny, quirky, ridiculously silly.”

On his headstone the family put “compassionate warrior.”

They have established the Matthew Warren Fund to honor his memory. Rick Warren said they will wait a year and then hope to use the funds to help those struggling with mental illness and their families.

The Warrens want to spread the word that even though their story had a tragic ending, “There’s hope,” Kay Warren said. “It’s so important that people know, no matter how desperate their despair, there is hope, and not to give up.”

- CNN Religion Editor

Filed under: Death • Faith • Guns • Leaders • Violence

soundoff (1,411 Responses)
  1. Where is your God now?

You wake up feeling amazing with Marie next to you. She finally spent the night. You can make out the curve of her buttocks beneath the thin sheet. Your groin reacts and you press against her, fitting neatly in the begging crevice. She smells like flowers and honey. You throb with anticipation and she moans in anticipation. You reach for a condom, but realize to your dismay that your dog is busy chewing and has something stuck in his teeth…

September 18, 2013 at 7:17 pm |
    • Anti-delusional Antediluvian...

So... God is the condom your Dog is chewing on?...?

September 18, 2013 at 7:32 pm |
      • Apple Bush

Not in the original telling, but the focus groups wanted to go with that.

September 18, 2013 at 7:43 pm |
      • doobzz

I think that's in the outtakes at the end of the director's cut.

September 18, 2013 at 10:28 pm |
  2. JT

A good Christian man molested my 5YO daughter. We went to trial and this pedophile's church rallied around him, showed up in force to support him and did their best to get him off even though he confessed. I sat there with no support day after day of the trial as they prayed down the hall to redeem their felloow parishioner so that he would be released. Christians are the most repulsive people I know. I find them disgusting.

September 18, 2013 at 7:15 pm |
    • Apple bush

I am now esoteric in my feelings towards believers that that are agnostic, however I do believe that they are, each one, atheist. However since I am a solipsist I know they are what I want them to be, and that is comforting.

September 18, 2013 at 7:18 pm |
      • JT

Sounds like you mistakenly replied to the wrong comment.

September 18, 2013 at 7:25 pm |
      • Apple Bush

Yeah, but it was nice chatting with you JT.

September 18, 2013 at 7:30 pm |
      • Hell and destruction are never full

"I first explored mescaline in the late '50s, Three-hundred-fifty to 400 milligrams. I learned there was a great deal inside me.

— Alexander Shulgin, LA Times, 1995[7]"

" I understood that our entire universe is contained in the mind and the spirit........................."...from wiki

This guy has a plateful of insanity but still knows a lot about acid. Look this up on youtube:

[1/7] Photosynthesis – Alexander Shulgin – Varieties of psychedelic exp

September 18, 2013 at 8:20 pm |
      • Robert Brown

Apple,

What you claimed to be now is precisely what you will have to deny to find God. Ironic?

September 18, 2013 at 8:29 pm |
        • Apple Bush

I have decided to convert from atheism to Solipsism. The ceremony is going to be a blast, I will be having all my friends and family over and un-validating their existence. Then it will just be a free-for-all. I will also be getting a tattoo of my own face on my ass.

September 18, 2013 at 8:38 pm |
    • Anti-delusional Antediluvian...

"Christians are the most repulsive people I know. I find them disgusting."

I don't know if I would go that far, though you certainly have the right to be angry and upset by those who took that vile perverts side in your case. However, I believe Christians, for the most part, are like a giant wedding cake that has been craffted to look good, it stands tall and straight and in the right light can sparkle, but sadly the baker who made it mistakenly used feces instead of chocolate in the batter, so no matter how good it looks, and how much it sparkles, it still tastes like shlt...

September 18, 2013 at 7:47 pm |
  3. G.K Chesterton

"Let your religion be less of a theory and more of a love affair."

September 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • Atheist

i hate that so much.

September 18, 2013 at 7:06 pm |
    • Apple Bush

What are you talking about G.K? It sums it ALL up!

"Fuck your religion"

September 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm |

sorry meant for atheist

September 18, 2013 at 7:12 pm |
    • Colin

Because, only by it being a "love affair" can we convince ourselves to not require any evidence of its veracity. My god you Christians will go to any lengths to convince yourselves you will not really die.

September 18, 2013 at 7:13 pm |
      • AE

You seem to worship evidence like it is a god in your life.

Weird, because as an imperfect being you will never be able to comprehend what true evidence reveals. Your interpretation will always be imperfect and, thus, illogical.

You can imagine that it is logical, but that type of thinking leads human beings to arrogance.

September 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm |
        • Colin

And yet, every time you take a pill, board an airplane or surf the internet, you rely upon the logis and reason that you now disdain. Why is it that ONLY in the field of religion and belief in a god are we required to suspend logic and reason and drop down to simply believeing something out of pure emoption.

Is that not EXACTLY what the case would be if there were no god?

September 18, 2013 at 7:23 pm |
        • AE

No, I rely and trust in logic just like you. God gave us logic as a tool to survive in this temporal world we live in. I see the evidence of what Christians and other believers in this world have contributed to science and mathematics. Obviously, they appreciate logic as well as you. And some have even demonstrated a greater understanding of it than you.

Just like when you board an airplane and trust the judgement of a man who believes in God, the pilot, with your life. Yet, you'll write a "test" trying to convince other people that belief in God is completely illogical and irrational and we should fear people who believe in God.

But deep down you don't honestly believe that, do you?

September 18, 2013 at 7:32 pm |
        • Anti-delusional Antediluvian...

"I see the evidence of what Christians and other believers in this world have contributed to science and mathematics."

No, I see the evidence of what humans in this world have contributed to science and mathematics in spite of being Christian. That is the real amazing thing. They were told it was one way by the Church and they decided to research for themselves and found it to be another way. Then a few decades later the Church, overwhelmed by evidence and public opinion, changes it tune to say "We knew it all along because Gods ways are the ways of nature and the universe, so anything discovered is in fact, proof of our God, even though we had it totally wrong just weeks ago..."

September 18, 2013 at 7:40 pm |
        • AE

Christians opposed that "Church", yes. It was a theocracy gone corrupt.

And today, like other human beings, Christians contribute to science and mathematics. They are not all delusional beings that need to be opposed.

September 18, 2013 at 7:46 pm |
    • Anti-delusional Antediluvian...

"less of a theory and more of a love affair." Yes, that is what religions would like us to do becuase they know love is blind...

September 18, 2013 at 7:37 pm |
  4. Colin

I guess I will consider the "evidence" for the existence of God credible the day a Christian can explain to me why it is any better than the evidence for the existence of Azura Mazda, Angus, Belenos, Brigid, Dana, Lugh, Dagda, Epona, Allah Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Atehna, Demeter, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Gaia, God, Hades, Hekate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Pan, Poseidon, Selene, Uranus, Zeus, Mathilde, Elves, Eostre, Frigg, Ganesh, Hretha, Saxnot, Shef, Shiva Thuno, Tir, Vishnu, Weyland, Woden, Yahweh, Alfar, Balder, Beyla, Bil, Bragi, Byggvir, Dagr, Disir, Eir, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigga, Heimdall, Hel, Hoenir, Idunn, Jord, Lofn, Loki, Mon, Njord, Norns, Nott, Odin, Ran, Saga, Sif, Siofn, Skadi, Snotra, Sol, Syn, Ull, Thor, Tyr, Var, Vali, Vidar, Vor, Herne, Holda, Nehalennia, Nerthus, Endovelicus, Ataegina, Runesocesius, Apollo, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Maia, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Plutus, Proserpina, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Attis, Cybele, El-Gabal, Isis, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Endovelicus, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Heget, Horus, Imhotep, Isis, Khepry, Khnum, Maahes, Ma’at, Menhit, Mont, Naunet, Neith, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmnet, Sobek, Set, Tefnut, Thoth, An, Anshar, Anu, Apsu, Ashur, Damkina, Ea, Enki, Enlil, Ereshkigal, Nunurta, Hadad, Inanna, Ishtar, Kingu, Kishar, Marduk, Mummu, Nabu, Nammu, Nanna, Nergal, Ninhursag, Ninlil, Nintu, Shamash, Sin, Tiamat, Utu, Mitra, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Inari, Tengu, Izanami, Izanagi, Daikoku, Ebisu, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Fukurokuju, Jurojin, Hotei, Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Inti, Kon, Mama Cocha, Mama Quilla, Manco Capac, Pachacamac or Zaramama.

Until you can distinguish your evidence from the evidence for the existence of these gods, your god will remain a simple sky-fairy, no different from the 1000s of others man has created.

September 18, 2013 at 7:01 pm |
    • G.K Chesterton

"Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried."

September 18, 2013 at 7:04 pm |
      • Colin

That quote does not address my point.

September 18, 2013 at 7:09 pm |
    • We'd like to evaluate you.

1. At times I am much more talkative or speak much faster than usual. Not at all
      Just a little
      Somewhat
      Moderately
      Quite a lot
      Very much

2. There have been times when I was much more active or did many more things than usual. Not at all
      Just a little
      Somewhat
      Moderately
      Quite a lot
      Very much

3. I get into moods where I feel very 'speeded-up' or irritable. Not at all
      Just a little
      Somewhat
      Moderately
      Quite a lot
      Very much

4. There have been times when I have felt both high (elated) and low (depressed) at the same time. Not at all
      Just a little
      Somewhat
      Moderately
      Quite a lot
      Very much

5. I have been much more interested in s ex than usual. Not at all
      Just a little
      Somewhat
      Moderately
      Quite a lot
      Very much

6. My self-confidence ranges from great self-doubt to equally great overconfidence. Not at all
      Just a little
      Somewhat
      Moderately
      Quite a lot
      Very much

September 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
      • Colin

The answer is 'Very Much' to all of the above, except for 5 which is 'moderate'

September 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
    • AE

None of those gods have revealed themselves as to be true to me.

But God has. And He gives me His evidence. Not imperfect human conceived evidence, but Truth.

September 18, 2013 at 7:16 pm |
      • Apple bush

You are insane.

September 18, 2013 at 7:20 pm |
        • nope.

@Apple bush
          nope.

September 18, 2013 at 7:47 pm |
      • Colin

And the followers of all those other gods will make exactly the same point. That THEIR god has revealed himself to them. Christians do not have a monopoly on religious experiences, you know.

September 18, 2013 at 7:25 pm |
        • AE

Show me somebody that has said that about Azura Mazda. Is there a place in my community where I can talk to someone about the evidence of Azura Mazda has revealed in their life. Can you point me to the testimony of a person that I can trust that would encourage me to seek Azura Mazda?

Because I've gotten that for Jesus Christ.

From Martin Luther King, JR to my retired security officer Christian neighbor who has shown me what Jesus' love is like I know about Jesus.

September 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm |
        • nope.

@AE
          nope.

September 18, 2013 at 7:45 pm |
        • nope.

@Colin
          nope.

September 18, 2013 at 7:47 pm |
    • 616

Your logic is quite flawed Colin. Being unable (though you have set up no criteria to make any distinctions) to show distinctions from any god to another to your satisfaction does not make one a "simple sky-fairy".

September 18, 2013 at 8:09 pm |
      • U2

colin is not a man of logic, sad to say. maybe someday.

September 18, 2013 at 8:13 pm |
  5. Apple Bush

Christians are cowards who can't admit that they have no answers. They just go on living their lies.

September 18, 2013 at 7:00 pm |
    • G.K Chesterton

"Every man who knocks on the door of a brothel is looking for God.”

September 18, 2013 at 7:02 pm |
      • Truth.

"Every atheist who posts on the CNN Belief Board is looking for God.”

September 18, 2013 at 7:48 pm |
  6. Prophecies about World War III

Mother of Salvation: A new, bitter world war will be declared
    Friday, September 6th, 2013

My dear child, I must, on the instructions of my Son, Jesus Christ, reveal that the wars, which will unfold now, in the Middle East, will herald the great battle, as a new, bitter world war will be declared.

How this breaks the Sacred Heart of my poor suffering Son. The hatred, which infuses the hearts of those leaders, entrusted with the responsibility of running their countries, by ordinary people, will spread. They will betray their own nations. Millions will be killed and many nations will be involved. You must know that the souls of those who will be murdered and who are innocent of any crime will be saved by my Son.

The speed of these wars will escalate and no sooner will four parts of the world become involved than the Great War will be announced. Sadly, nuclear weapons will be used and many will suffer. It will be a frightening war, but it will not last long.

Pray, pray, pray for all the innocent souls and continue to recite my Most Holy Rosary, three times a day, in order to ease the suffering, which will result because of World War III.

Thank you, my child, for responding to my call. Know that there is great sadness in Heaven at this time and it is with a heavy heart that I bring you this difficult news.

Your Mother

Mother of Salvation

Read more prophecies: http://www.thewarningsecondcoming.com

September 18, 2013 at 6:37 pm |
    • Matt Foley

[youtube=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7OWVM50sBw&w=640&h=360]

September 18, 2013 at 6:51 pm |
      • doobzz

All I did was look at the still shot and I burst out laughing. Then I went to youtube and watched the full version. Almost peed.

September 19, 2013 at 12:23 am |
  7. Pat

If the Warrens knew their son had a gun, why didn't they take it away from him? I don't understand why they would let him keep a gun if they knew he was suicidal.

September 18, 2013 at 6:10 pm |
    • Pot

He was 27.

September 18, 2013 at 6:21 pm |
      • sam

Yes, but they understood that he was in crisis. Not sure his age matters in that case.

September 18, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
    • JT

Because they trusted the long dead invisible nonexistent Jesus to take care of things.

September 18, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
  8. Amazing Grace

Apple wants proof God exist. He wants to convert. He just needs evidence.

However, some constraints:
    Cannot use the Bible, History, Archaeology, Science, Life Experiences, physical evidence or faith.

But, worth a try.

Start posting. .. Apple Bush is waiting.

September 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm |
    • Apple Bush

That is nice of you AG. Just hard science that is proven and peer reviewed please.

September 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

NO Apple.

You are not allowed to use that method. Men lie, you said it yourself.
        Don't start changing the rules in the middle of the game.

September 18, 2013 at 6:04 pm |
        • Apple Bush

AG, my apologies. I did not know you were special needs. My bad.

September 18, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

You are the greatest proof that GOD exist.

September 18, 2013 at 6:45 pm |
        • Apple Bush

I am proof only that I think I might be real because I seem to exist.

September 18, 2013 at 6:56 pm |

I agree.

September 18, 2013 at 7:01 pm |

Here is what god gives:

lol

September 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
        • doobzz

"I tend to think the people that are the most hostile and upset over us talking about God, are the ones that most need what God gives."

What a load of arrogant, condescending crapola.

September 19, 2013 at 2:43 am |
    • Realist

...............................................

{{{{{{ ahem, clears throat }}}}}

Your http://www.GODisIMAGINARY.com ...

... and thank goodness because he emanates from ...

... The http://www.EVILbible.com

..............................................

September 18, 2013 at 6:16 pm |
    • RJ. BRYSON

Ask God Himself...."God if you are real, I am serioudly seeking you, show me evidence you exist." Let God defend Himself.

September 18, 2013 at 6:19 pm |
    • Roger that

The only tools you have to prove God's existence are the Bible and faith. That logic also works for the existence of "Thing 1 and Thing 2". All you need is a Dr. Seuss book and faith.

September 18, 2013 at 6:23 pm |
    • Apple Bush

AG, my apologies. I did not know you were special needs.

September 18, 2013 at 6:49 pm |
      • Atheist

low blow, come on. don't be a doosh

September 18, 2013 at 7:07 pm |
        • Apple Bush

Her being retarded does not make me douche. I am trying to help.

September 18, 2013 at 7:15 pm |
        • bs alert

that is a lie. you are being a d*ckhe@d and not helpful.

September 18, 2013 at 7:22 pm |
        • Apple Bush

bs alert, if you think you can help the stupid bitch have at it!

September 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm |
    • Amazing Grace

Man is greatest proof GOD exist.

Put aside the thousand witnesses, historical proof, Archaeology evidence, scientific proof, and the most reliable evidence – the Bible.

Man proves by their own existence, that GOD is real.

September 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
      • Roger that

Can't be verified, false, false, false, and it's a piece of literature. Next.

September 18, 2013 at 7:24 pm |
      • HotAirAce

There are no witnesses, historical proof, archeological evidence or scientific proof for the existence of your god or any other. If there was, it would be trivial for you to list same. That leaves you with The Babble, a steaming pile of crap without any foundation as the word of some god. In other words, you have nothing to support your delusions except a deep desire that they be true. Assuming you are not being forced to believe, you are mentally ill, a liar or both. I'm going with both.

September 18, 2013 at 7:25 pm |
      • Colin

Ya ever heard of circular reasoning? It goes something like this.

My proof for god is that man exists.

This is proof of god because god created man.

I know god created man beacuse man exists.

And over, and over and over.....

September 18, 2013 at 7:28 pm |
        • pot kettle

circular reasoning 2 you. your reasoning is circular to other people 2.

September 18, 2013 at 7:42 pm |
  9. Wow!

It is amazing to me just how easily atheists have been misled. Feeble minded are easy targets, I guess...

September 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm |
    • sam stone

actually, that is what churches are built upon

where is the growth of chrisianity?

the poor and desperate people of africa and asia

in the united states, it is the poorly educated inner city

but, if you want to take a shot at athiests, have fun

and go fvck yourself

September 18, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
      • Matthew Parris

As an atheist, I truly believe Africa needs God.

September 18, 2013 at 5:58 pm |
        • sam stone

if you are an atheist, how can you believe that africa needs a being in which you do not believe?

September 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm |
        • In Santa we trust

How comforting – christianity is an improvement on witch-doctors.

September 18, 2013 at 6:03 pm |
    • In Santa we trust

Finally, a believer that has evidence. We're waiting.

September 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm |
    • Realist

...............................................

{{{{{{ ahem, clears throat }}}}}

Your http://www.GODisIMAGINARY.com ...

... and thank goodness because he emanates from ...

... The http://www.EVILbible.com

...........................................

September 18, 2013 at 6:16 pm |
      • Pot

LoOnEy AthEisT websites are looney

September 18, 2013 at 6:22 pm |
    • HotAirAce

Exactly how have atheists been misled? Be precise or we will have to conclude your are full of sh!t.

September 18, 2013 at 7:32 pm |
  10. Apple Bush

Christians always hit the wall and give up when you make them discuss the truth of god. They can't prove what doesn't exist.

September 18, 2013 at 5:41 pm |
    • Vic

Believers have the "Truth" in their hearts that God exists. That's what "Faith" is all about. We don't reduce the Majesty High to human measures of physical detection.

September 18, 2013 at 5:54 pm |
      • In Santa we trust

Vic, Do you exhibit that unquestioning faith in your daily transactions. If so, I have some ocean-front property to sell in Idaho.

September 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm |
      • sam stone

vic: the heart is not a thinking instrument. i do not understand how someone can know something in their heart

i can understand how people can willfully ignore logic in favor of something they really, really want to be true

you appear to do it all the time

September 18, 2013 at 6:09 pm |
        • AE

God wants and speaks to our hearts, not just our minds. That is why Jesus used parables. They reveal a truth about people.

So much about being a human being is not logical, that is why we have art and music.

Change your mind, God will change your heart.

September 18, 2013 at 6:38 pm |
        • doobzz

"Change your mind, God will change your heart."

Translation:

Close your mind, belief that you worship the correct deity will close your "heart".

September 18, 2013 at 6:55 pm |

Your words, not mine.

You have to have an open-mind and be honest to humbly seek and find God, in my experience.

September 18, 2013 at 7:08 pm |
        • sam stone

christian doublespeak: "think with your heart" = turn off your mind

September 19, 2013 at 4:38 am |
    • AE

I'm still scratching my head over your post about all believers have a bad understanding of how the universe operates. And I point out a believer that probably knows more about the subject than you and you accuse me of being illogical.

God exists. And just because I can't prove that to you (or the other 3 or 4 posters on here acting hostile toward Christians) does not make that statement false.

Honest. God is real.

September 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm |
      • Apple Bush

AE you must of misunderstood my post. What I was trying to point out is that Christians / Believers do not insert reality into their world view.

September 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm |
        • AE

"I believe what defines the “believer” is their inability to contemplate the actual size of this universe and all of its potentialities. "

Yea, I don't share that opinion of what a believer is. I know believers that have a great ability to contemplate the actual size of the universe. So great that they can win prestigious awards for their study of the universe.

And if I wanted to know more about the potentialities of the universe, I would trust them over you.

And I know many atheists that would agree with me.

September 18, 2013 at 6:07 pm |
        • Dippy

"Must have," not "must of."

September 18, 2013 at 6:27 pm |
        • AE

Thanks, I should know better.

September 18, 2013 at 6:30 pm |
        • Apple Bush

AE, you keep proving my point. You think about the universe in terms of size. In truth you know nothing of the universe or where it came from. You know nothing of life or where it came from. You know nothing, just like me. Why can't you say it?

September 18, 2013 at 6:53 pm |
        • AE

When did I say differently?

I worship a mystery, for heaven's sake. Of course I don't know everything. But I do know life and its origin have a source; and I call that source God.

September 18, 2013 at 7:11 pm |
        • Apple Bush

AE, NO YOU DON'T. You don't know anything. Take a humble pill.

September 18, 2013 at 7:35 pm |

If you say so.

September 18, 2013 at 7:43 pm |
      • In Santa we trust

AE, Yesterday you were asking for evidence that Warren's son was gay as alleged, so clearly you understand why people need evidence. If you say god is real – where is the evidence? Smacks of a double-standard.

September 18, 2013 at 6:09 pm |
        • AE

Yes, evidence is very important. I have evidence for God. And that evidence comes from God.

You intentions and your heart for wanting to know God are important.

Honestly, why do you want to know God?

September 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm |
        • Cpt. Obvious

Your evidence for god is unverifiable, which means you should be much less certain.

September 18, 2013 at 6:34 pm |
        • AE

No, I have verification that God exists. That is why I have faith in God.

September 18, 2013 at 6:44 pm |
        • Cpt. Obvious

That's why it's unverifiable, retard, nobody but you "verifies" it. There's not one method you can provide to lead to belief that other religions and faiths also don't use. If the method you use can be used by any believer of any god of any passion or feeling or intent, then your "evidence" is no good.

You have no proof except for your own feelings on the matter. You think that because you want it to be true, it is, but that's only because you are too afraid to admit that reason is horrible.

September 18, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
        • AE

Nobody but you "disputes" it.

You have strong feelings against people who believe in God. Your "evidence" of no God is no good to me.

Or plenty of other sound-minded and reasonable people I know.

September 18, 2013 at 6:55 pm |
  11. Amazing Grace

Smile everyone. You were given a great gift today.

Life.

Just remember, no one is promised tomorrow.

Before you today you have a choice, life or death.

Choose life.

Choose JESUS.

September 18, 2013 at 5:33 pm |

Life. (Umm……ok.)
      Just remember, no one is promised tomorrow. (That’s comforting.)
      Before you today you have a choice, life or death.
      Choose life. (I choose life.)
      Choose JESUS. (No thanks.)

September 18, 2013 at 5:38 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

AP- Your call. Just remember your choice. You will be asked to account for what you posted.

GOD'S grace is still available, but one day will expire.

Just remember, and be comforted, 100% of us do die.and then the judgment. Everlasting life exist,your choice defines where you spend it.

You don't believe today. God is real, and you meet him one day. Deny all you want. But He is real.

I rather have Him as my saviour and friend, than to have him as my judge.

We all are sinners in need of a Savior, and JESUS is his name. He paid the price for our sins, and only through him do we have the promise.
        When you deny him, you may have sealed your fate.

September 18, 2013 at 5:50 pm |
        • Apple Bush

That is all a very fascinating fairy tail AG. Good luck with that.

September 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm |
        • Lucifer's Evil Twin

What a load of bullshit...

September 18, 2013 at 6:01 pm |
        • sam stone

"You will be asked to account for what you posted."

Paranoid delusions are not an effective argument technique, AG

Will you answer my question, or will you run like the typical blog christian coward?

September 18, 2013 at 6:24 pm |
        • doobzz

Why on earth would I consider servitude to a deity that wants me to think I'm a wretch that needs to worship it or it will torture me for eternity?

I kicked the one man who dared to raise a hand to me right to the curb, and I'm sure not afraid to defend myself against your asshole god by whatever means I can.

September 18, 2013 at 7:02 pm |

Godless Vagabond
      What does Jesus have to do with life?

September 18, 2013 at 5:40 pm |
    • Meredith S.

Amen!!

September 18, 2013 at 6:48 pm |
  12. Apple Bush

Amazing Grace knows deep down there is no God. We all do. Some brains compensate for being weak while atheists are simply accept it.

September 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm |
    • Apple Bush

Amazing Grace is most likely insane, and I am being sincere, so join me in taking it easy on the bitch.

September 18, 2013 at 5:21 pm |
      • Believer @Crabapple

Wow...How amazingly "tolerant" of you...Your parents must be so proud...

September 18, 2013 at 5:44 pm |
        • doobzz

Yes, AB is SO much worse than telling people they are horrible, wretched beings and are going to an eternal crematorium.

September 18, 2013 at 7:05 pm |
    • AE

You don't know what other people know. Only something like a God could know that. And trying to decide for others what they believe is what we call arrogance.

God is real.

Deep down within me I know this true.

If I tried to deny this, I would be lying.

September 18, 2013 at 5:24 pm |
      • Up Your Rear Admiral

AE, I'll see you in the Rapture Capsule with the unicorns. Don't forget to wear your nose ring – the big steel one that I padlocked the chain onto when we were practising for the Uplifting.

This time, though, close your mouth when the swirling starts and your head goes down, so the floaters don't get in like they did in our last practice.

September 18, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
      • sam stone

AE: You, like many christians, confuse knowledge with belief

Many spouses "knew deep down" that their significant other was faithful, until they caught them in banging the baby sitter

September 18, 2013 at 5:30 pm |
        • AE

And how is that any different from "Apple Bush" knowing deep down there is not a God?

September 18, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
        • sam stone

AE: ask him. i cannot speak for anyone but myself

September 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm |
        • AE

No, he is cranky today. You ask him.

September 18, 2013 at 5:59 pm |
        • AE

Can you point me out to any of those spouses you mentioned? Would they say my belief in God is like their belief that there husband wouldn't cheat on them?

September 18, 2013 at 6:00 pm |
        • sam stone

"Can you point me out to any of those spouses you mentioned?"

No one you are likely to know.

"Would they say my belief in God is like their belief that there husband wouldn't cheat on them?"

no, one is more personal, the other more policy like

"I'm told God, unlike human beings (like cheating husbands), won't let me down. So far that promise is true."

How would you know?

September 18, 2013 at 6:13 pm |
        • AE

Probably by the amount of serenity I have in my life. Despite chaos going on around me.

September 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm |
        • sam stone

fine, but that is a subjective valuation, and not worth anything in convincing others

September 18, 2013 at 6:26 pm |
        • Cpt. Obvious

Our minds like to work with certainties. When a particular idea seems extremely unlikely, it becomes very easy for us to dismiss it; if an idea seems likely, it becomes easy for us to accept it. it's easier to utilize such ideas if we make a judgment on them. Critical thinking is work.

September 18, 2013 at 6:33 pm |
        • AE

Speak for yourself. Serenity has convinced others.

September 18, 2013 at 6:33 pm |
        • Cpt. Obvious

"Serenity" is nonverifiable. Your evidence is unverifiable, and you are arrogant to assume such certainty as you do.

September 18, 2013 at 6:37 pm |
        • AE

I have no problem with being certain God exists.

You have the problem with it. So what, you going to post hostile things toward me? Uh oh.

September 18, 2013 at 6:49 pm |
        • Cpt. Obvious

It's irresponsible and illogical to be so certain, but you can choose that if you prefer.

September 18, 2013 at 6:55 pm |
        • AE

Are you uncertain about whether God may actually exist?

Do you honestly want to know God?

September 18, 2013 at 6:58 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

AE,

Uphill battle. Spinning our wheels.

So they think.

We must press forward, keep the faith, finish the race.

If nothing else, STAND.

We are in a spiritual warfare here, and we know our enemy and he is the liar. (father of lies).

September 18, 2013 at 5:40 pm |

Peace be with you.

September 18, 2013 at 5:47 pm |
    • good night

"We all do." Most arrogant statement of the day, congrats!

September 18, 2013 at 5:26 pm |
      • Apple Bush

You know it is true. You are all liars.

September 18, 2013 at 5:35 pm |
    • Vic

Actually, by sentience, we all know deep down that there is a God!

September 18, 2013 at 5:44 pm |

Godless Vagabond
        So now you're speaking for all of us, eh, Vic? How the hell could you possibly know what everyone on earth thinks deep down?

September 18, 2013 at 5:53 pm |
        • AE

Apple Bush made the exact same kind of statement. Why didn't you question him, too?

September 18, 2013 at 6:02 pm |
    • Dippy's assistant's cousin Ralph

while atheists are simply accept it.

Grammatically incorrect.

September 18, 2013 at 5:56 pm |
  13. Apple Bush

sweet smelling flowers roam the sidewalks
    while big bellied dandelions platoon;

the spring rains are falling a funny tune at the expense
    of a funny man;

stepping on and off the curb, looking a bit bored;
    eyes up and shoes flexed for the sprint

suddenly bright sun elbows its way between two clouds;
    a funny man flaps his ready feat into a small puddle and smiles

September 18, 2013 at 5:03 pm |
  14. Amazing Grace

People want to read up lifting post on this blog.

So you hate Christians, God, any one of faith or religion. We get it. Nothing new here for you to crap on.

We love you, in spite of your selfish motives. But, you do your level best to try to frustrate us. Nice try.

September 18, 2013 at 4:54 pm |
    • doobzz

It's more fun to watch people like you get their panties in a wad when we say we don't believe your nonsense.

And as long as you creeps keep foisting your delusions into our public schools, our bodies, our government, and our laws, we'll be right here ripping down your smoke and mirrors.

September 18, 2013 at 4:58 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

Yes, it is our goal to have our panties in a wad, while we do our father's will to get our faith into your tiny brain, down to your heart.

You have fun, don't you?

We seriously believe.

You, on the other hand, are just a joker and a fraud.

When you want a serious conversation on faith, be ready to receive.

September 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm |
        • sam stone

if you seriously believe, please answer this

how can an omniscient god and free will co-exist

i have asked this many times
          and have not gotten a rational answer

want to try it?

September 18, 2013 at 5:15 pm |

Try reading this.

September 18, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
        • sam stone

AE: that was another bullspit non answer

if god knows i am going to choose B, and god cannot be wrong, there is no way i can choose A

September 18, 2013 at 5:36 pm |
        • AE

I believe God created this world (physical, temporal) different from the one He dwells in (heaven, eternity).

He can limit his all-knowing powers and let people choose whether they want to love others or hate others. Otherwise he would have just made us robots that are forced to do good. Which really isn't doing good, if there is no choice to do evil.

September 18, 2013 at 5:40 pm |

Godless Vagabond
          Wow, AE. That's so far out I can't imagine anyone actually believing it. But if you need it to connect your dots, have at it. My view of life is a little more realistic.

September 18, 2013 at 5:43 pm |
        • sam stone

AE: how can an omnipotent being limit his own power?

September 18, 2013 at 5:55 pm |
        • sam stone

come on, AG....you claim to want serious discussion, but then you ignore my serious question

are you afraid?

September 18, 2013 at 6:18 pm |
        • AE

how can an omnipotent being limit his own power?

I don't know. I am not omnipotent so I can not fully understand what it entails.

But God does. So I trust Him.

September 18, 2013 at 6:19 pm |
        • sam stone

AE: You're not omniscient? How can that be? You claim to have KNOWLEGE of god, rather than simply belief in god.

September 18, 2013 at 6:38 pm |

AG: You are a coward

September 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm |
        • AE

I know God, as in I am in relationship with God. I'm probably wrong about some of my as.sumptions.

September 18, 2013 at 6:50 pm |
        • ProdicalSon

"AE: how can an omnipotent being limit his own power?"

Why would an Almighty God not be able to limit His power of being omnipotent ?

September 18, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
        • doobzz

"You, on the other hand, are just a joker and a fraud."

I do like to joke around at uptight, pious hypocrites. A fraud? Well, you'd have to ask people who actually know me.

"When you want a serious conversation on faith, be ready to receive."

Well, Amazing Grace, the wretch that needs saving, I had many, many conversations with your god about faith and never, ever received a damn thing from it. After about five decades I finally realized that either I was talking to myself and your god doesn't exist, or that there might be something out there, but it wasn't anything like what the bible taught me. Either way, I had put my life on hold long enough for something that had at the very least stood me up.

Now, you can tell me that I wasn't ready, I wasn't a real Christian, I read the wrong translation, the devil deceived me, I didn't really want it, I didn't do this or that right, to which I say, fuck off.

September 18, 2013 at 7:26 pm |
        • sam stone

wow, AE....a PERSONAL relationship with god. pretty impressive, i tell you. what does god look like? what does god like to eat? what does god like to listen to? is he more a fan of sativa or indica?

September 18, 2013 at 7:54 pm |
        • sam stone

still not going answer, are you AG?

fvcking coward.

just the way your god likes it

September 18, 2013 at 8:06 pm |
        • HotAirAce

It seems that Amazing Grace isn't so amazing – it only took one question to chase her away.

September 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm |
      • sam stone

my bad. you didn't say personal relationship. you said relationship. apparently like a captor and a captive, or a slave holder and a slave

September 18, 2013 at 7:58 pm |
    • Richard Cranium

I don't think you love me.

I think you are in love with the idea of me.

Just like your god. You are in love with the idea of god, since you can't ever KNOW there is or isn't a god.

September 18, 2013 at 4:59 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

Believe me, you make it tough.

GOD gives me that love for you.
        sorry you have no need for that love.

Sorry for you, period.

September 18, 2013 at 5:04 pm |
        • doobzz

And I feel sorry for you that you need a god to "give" you love, or that you even believe such a thing exists.

September 18, 2013 at 5:13 pm |
      • Richard Cranium

your god is a delusion. I have no need for something that comes from delusion. I hope you find the freedom that comes from dropping the pretentious belief.

Imagine how mad you are making Ra by your worshipping the wrong god...you'll see.

September 18, 2013 at 5:10 pm |
        • Amazing Grace

Sad for you.

September 18, 2013 at 5:16 pm |
        • Up Your Rear Admiral

Grace, I'll see you in the Rapture Capsule with the unicorns. Don't forget to wear your nose ring – the big steel one that I padlocked the chain onto when we were practising for the Uplifting.

September 18, 2013 at 5:19 pm |
        • In Santa we trust

Grace, That seems to be a common misconception among believers – that a god provides those things and you'd be awash in all kinds of unpleasantness if it weren't for that wonderful god. It's not true, non-believers live fulfilling lives without unsubstantiated supernatural beings.

September 18, 2013 at 5:57 pm |
        • doobzz

"You live a tragic life, so futile. No hope, no end, no peace, no love, no future."

I get more joy out of watching Seinfeld reruns than I ever did from any deity, especially yours.

September 18, 2013 at 9:25 pm |

i do not hate god

i cannot hate a being in which i do not believe

i do not hate christians

there are many people i love very much who are christians

there are some folks on the blogs whom i find, at a minimum, pompous and irrational

September 18, 2013 at 5:12 pm |
    • LinCA

@Amazing Grace

You said, "God haters, why don't you post your vomit comments on the blogs related to the Navy yard disaster."
      Where did you see any god haters? They would have to be believers. You have to believe it exists before you can hate something.

You said, "People want to read up lifting post on this blog."
      Some do, but only those new to the internet will expect them. Here you can expect discussions on religion and the infantile beliefs they are built on.

You said, "So you hate Christians, God, any one of faith or religion."
      Nope. I despise what some believers do in name of their imaginary friend or their religion but I don't hate the believers.

You said, "We get it."
      You clearly don't.

You said, "Nothing new here for you to crap on."
      Pointing out how silly and destructive religion is, is not "crapping" on it. It's a public service announcement.

You said, "We love you, in spite of your selfish motives."
      My motives are for the betterment of society as a whole. That includes me, of course, but i wouldn't call that selfish. By shedding a light on the insanity of religion, I hope to save people from falling into a trap they may not be able to get out of.

You said, "But, you do your level best to try to frustrate us."
      It's not to frustrate you. It's to get you to open your eyes, ears and mind to reality.

You said, "Nice try."
      I realize that it is very likely futile, but at least I try. I acknowledge that you can lead a believer to knowledge, but you can't make him think.

September 18, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

Are you serious?

Do you like to keep your food groups separate on your plate?

I was expecting so much more from non believers like you. How disappointing.

Sad day for you.

September 18, 2013 at 5:23 pm |
        • Allison

Are you uncomfortable having someone quote you and answer you, point by point?

Sad day for you.

September 18, 2013 at 6:20 pm |
        • LinCA

@Amazing Grace

You said, "Are you serious?"
          Yes. Is there a part of my post that you have trouble understanding? Should I use smaller words? You are a believer, after all.

I have some advice for you. If you want people to believe your imaginary friend is anything other than imaginary, you should try to present some evidence. Without it, your god is no more real than the Easter Bunny. Even Santa Claus is far more likely to exist than your god.

Now, don't get me wrong. You are free to believe whatever nonsense you want, but if you elect to display your delusion here for everyone to see, you should expect to get some response. If you don't want your silly superstitions ridiculed, you have two basic options. The best one, by far, is to stop believing that nonsense. If you can't get yourself to shed your infantile beliefs, your second best option is to keep them to yourself. In that case, you may also be better off staying off the Internet.

You said, "Sad day for you."
          How do you figure?

September 18, 2013 at 6:38 pm |

@ Amazing Grace, the wretch that needs to be saved,

"If you want to be a doctor and dissect a post, move over to the MD site. Mentally Disturbed."

That's was a discussion is. You post your points, others respond, then you have a turn to defend your points, and it goes on from there. Sorry, but the Christian model of "The bible is true because it says it's true right here in the bible" doesn't work in the real world.

September 18, 2013 at 9:46 pm |
    • AE

God is real. And despite the (same) few people on here that routinely deny this, God still exists.

And they keep coming back... it is like the are looking for something (God?).

Peace.

September 18, 2013 at 5:17 pm |
      • LinCA

@AE

You said, "God is real."
        Yes, just as real as the Tooth Fairy.

You said, "And they keep coming back."
        There are an almost unlimited number of believers who keep spouting nonsense (like you) that need refuting. Bullshit can't be left unchallenged.

September 18, 2013 at 5:25 pm |
        • AE

Good to know we have you patrolling the internets and fighting the good fight. Good for you!

September 18, 2013 at 6:52 pm |
    • sam

Poe-ish troll, or trollish Poe? I'm torn on this one.

'Uplifting', that's funny.

September 18, 2013 at 5:22 pm |
      • Sal

Trollish poe. This person cannot be for real.
        Lol. "God haters." How ignorant.

September 18, 2013 at 5:42 pm |
  15. Vic

♰♰♰ Jesus Christ Is Lord ♰♰♰

September 18, 2013 at 4:48 pm |

🙄 🙄 🙄 Vic is an idiot. 🙄 🙄 🙄

September 18, 2013 at 4:51 pm |
      • Vic

🙄

September 18, 2013 at 4:54 pm |
        • doobzz

Keep up the good work, Vic.

September 18, 2013 at 5:01 pm |
      • Am I paranoid or are they really after me?

Ever get the feeling you are being watched?

September 18, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
        • Vic

SURE!!!

September 18, 2013 at 4:57 pm |
      • Amazing Grace

Your point?

You are a JESUS hater.

Nothing new. We know you father is a liar and you do ad he says.

Do you know your father? Guess who?

September 18, 2013 at 4:59 pm |
        • doobzz

Amazing Grace, how bitter the sound
          Of someone told they are a wretch
          That needs to be saved.

I once was delusional,
          But now I'm fine.
          I saw that Jesus is a lie,
          And now I'm free.

September 18, 2013 at 5:08 pm |
        • sam

Is it...SATAN????

Achievement level 'Satan' unlocked yet again on the belief blog. Rule 666: Thread closed, everyone go home.

September 18, 2013 at 5:26 pm |

Well, there it is.

September 18, 2013 at 4:52 pm |
      • Vic

Apple Orchard

September 18, 2013 at 4:56 pm |
    • sam stone

then go see him, if you have the courage, vic

September 18, 2013 at 5:18 pm |
  16. Apple Bush

Just because there is this, doesn’t mean there isn’t more.

Something here with us yet somewhere else. Passing through us and we through them;

As we perform our perfunctory tasks every day. Perhaps it is us.

September 18, 2013 at 4:39 pm |
    • sam

I saw an episode of Star Trek like that once.

September 18, 2013 at 5:29 pm |

Hey Sam.

September 18, 2013 at 7:03 pm |
  17. Frank

Guns don't kill people. God does. Ban God!

September 18, 2013 at 4:16 pm |
    • Just the Facts Ma'am...

Or at least add to the questionnaire you fill out when applying for a gun permit:

1. "Do you have a firm belief in a God or gods?"

2. "If so do you believe you have the ability to communicate with said divine being?"

3. "If able to communicate, would you act on anything you believed your God had communicated to you such as using the gun you are applying for against any other humans on your Gods command?"

If the answer to number 3 is "Yes" then that person should be denied the right to purchase said gun.

September 18, 2013 at 4:24 pm |

Godless Vagabond
        Actually, a yes to any of the three should be grounds for gun refusal.

September 18, 2013 at 5:46 pm |
  18. Lena

Is there nothing else going on with a religious tone other than Warren?
    Four blogs all in a row that is revolving around him. It can't be that slow of a news week can it?

September 18, 2013 at 3:53 pm |
    • doobzz

They've been pimping the big interview that Piers Morgan did last night. Today is the follow up, tomorrow, they'll repost it with different wording.

It's a crummy commercial!

September 18, 2013 at 3:59 pm |
      • Apple Bush

Perhaps we can think of other Warrens' we have heard of. I will go first. My Grandpa's name was Warren.

September 18, 2013 at 4:45 pm |
        • doobzz

I am hoping against hope that his last name is Zevon.

If not, that's my contribution to the list.

September 18, 2013 at 4:49 pm |