home
RSS
September 17th, 2013

Rick Warren opens up about son's suicide in exclusive interview

By Eric Marrapodi, CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor
[twitter-follow screen_name='EricCNNBelief']

Lake Forest, California (CNN) - Rick and Kay Warren stood outside their son's home, sobbing in each other's arms.

They knew.

They had talked Matthew, 27, off the ledge many times. But not this time.

A nod from a police officer who inspected Matthew's house confirmed their worst fears.

“I just hit the ground,” Kay Warren said.

On April 5, Matthew Warren killed himself with a gun after a lifelong battle with mental illness.

“The day that I had feared might happen one day, since he had been born, and the day that I had prayed would never happen … happened,” Rick Warren told CNN's Piers Morgan in an exclusive interview.

For the first time since Matthew Warren's death on April 5, Rick and Kay Warren are speaking out about his troubled life, how the tragedy changed their faith and their new mission to draw attention to mental illness.

The full interview aired Tuesday night on CNN’s "Piers Morgan Live" at 9 pm ET.

In 1980, Rick and Kay Warren founded Saddleback Church,  now one of the largest in America, in Orange County, California. Twelve years later, Warren published "The Purpose Driven Life," a runaway best-seller that catapulted the pastor into stardom.

At the same time, though, their son Matthew Warren struggled with borderline personality disorder and deep depression for much of his life, the Warrens told CNN.

He had a loving family and access to mental health care, but not even that could spare him, they said.

Matthew was a young man with a "tender heart and tortured mind," Rick Warren said.

“If love could have kept my child alive, he'd be alive today, because he was incredibly loved,” he added.

The Warrens also spoke during the interview about how their son's death has affected their Christian faith.

GALLERY: Rick Warren over the years

“I never questioned my faith in God; I questioned God’s plan,” Rick Warren said. “God isn’t to blame for my son’s death. My son took his life. It was his choice.”

Slightly more than half of Americans - 53% - think that churches should do more to prevent suicide in America, according to a new poll by LifeWay Research, a Christian company based in Nashville.

Evangelicals and other Americans appear to disagree, however, about using religion to overcome mental illness, according to the LifeWay poll, which surveyed some 1,000 Americans and was released on Monday.

Nearly half of evangelicals, 48%, say that people with serious mental illnesses like depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia can be cured by Bible study and prayer alone. Sixty percent of Americans overall disagree.

The Warrens want to spread the word that even though their story had a tragic ending, “there’s hope,” Kay Warren said during the interview with CNN.

“It’s so important that people know, no matter how desperate their despair, there is hope, and not to give up.”

- CNN Belief Blog Co-Editor

Filed under: Belief • Christianity • Death

soundoff (1,210 Responses)
  1. Gi

OMGosh! The comments! I mean the hateful, negative ones. Seriously? Is that your reaction? This family is greiving the loss of their son. Have some compassion.

September 17, 2013 at 1:40 pm |
    • Rob

Perhaps, but grieving people don't do interviews. They withdraw.

September 17, 2013 at 2:32 pm |
      • Gotham

You're right.

September 22, 2013 at 10:35 pm |
  2. Nina

I've read this article and the comments that followed. It seems that prayer didn't work for Matthew Warren or his parents. And there are people who are on medication, and that doesn't work. I'm a social scientist, and I cannot overlook the factor of the "sick role" and the influence of a society that fosters illness–just sit and watch any channel on television for an hour; keep a record of the number of drug advertisements there are (many).

We are a hypochondriacal society. We have water, electricity and plumbing on demand, with few exceptions. Access to education, with few exceptions. And an ever-present love of looking outward to find solutions, rather than inward.

I was abused, neglected and abandoned by my parents. I have not committed suicide (obviously) nor have I attempted it. I have not murdered or shot at anyone, ever. I am not a genius, nor a paragon of virtue, but I do believe at a certain point each of us must take ourselves in hand and step up. It is not easy. It takes great courage to confront the demons that plague us. But confront them we must, or we shall be forever doomed to unhappiness, and spreading that unhappiness.

What Matthew Warren did is very sad. He devastated his parents because he could not, or would not, step up to his own pain and deal with it. If he had brain chemistry disorders, he should have been hospitalized (and I wonder if he had made a suicide attempt 10 days before he completed his suicide, why was he not hospitalized?).

Just some things to think about. I'm not passing judgment. I know how hard it is–how hard it can be to just wake up in the morning. But I truly think that god, Jesus, drugs and prayer are not going to heal. If they could, Matthew would be here today.

September 17, 2013 at 1:38 pm |
    • vile human

americans are weak. we act like we're such badassses, but take a look around. we've spoiled ourselves rotten. literally.
      and it makes no sense to get into the whole religion thing. some people just refuse to accept fundamental truths.

September 17, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  3. joe d

the illness he had was called "born again christian wacko" syndrome..
    they claim to be so good but create much of the evil in the world today..keep it to yourselves
    right wingnut kooks

September 17, 2013 at 1:37 pm |
    • vile human

they judge you with one hand, and hold their own feces in the other. it's a balancing act.

September 17, 2013 at 1:45 pm |
      • wilypagan

Please do not project your own disgusting practices on others you don't even know.

September 17, 2013 at 7:07 pm |
    • pmoe

wow, thats a very open minded accepting position. Regardless of your views, that is a very ugly and hateful statement. I hope you never have to experience the pain that ANY parent feels when they lose a child.

September 17, 2013 at 1:49 pm |
  4. dl

Maybe this is God's punishment for running a mega-church selling nonesense to weak minded believers

September 17, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
    • Skegeeace

If that's all you have to offer someone who lost their son, I grieve the earth for inhabitants like you.

September 17, 2013 at 1:31 pm |
  5. flyspy

I grew up in an extreme fundamentalist church. And yes, a lot of the belief systems associated with my former church were harsh, unforgiving and catagorically wrong. I went through a time of extreme anger and bitterness towards that church and my parents who raised me in it after I left my church, but as I have grown older, I have come to realize that most people who attend those type of churches are just following in the religious footsteps of their parents and grandparents.
    It is all they know. It doesn't make it right, but it is a human trait. All of you cold hearted and smug mockers of the Warrens and their tragedy and their beliefs need to realize this. If you want people to change and be and act better, then attacking them is most definitely not the answer. And the same goes for the intolerant religious.
    But sadly, it is more fun to post "witty" and snarky comments anonymously behind a keyboard than to actually do something constructive in the world.
    Internet heroes!!!

September 17, 2013 at 1:20 pm |
    • Eyeroll

And.........what are you doing? The same thing. My hero.

September 17, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
      • flyspy

Ouch!

September 17, 2013 at 2:48 pm |
  6. nuclear mike

This so-called pastor cannot speak to God more than my dog can...he is the center of why his son took his life.

September 17, 2013 at 1:16 pm |
    • Nathan

Partially true. Rick and his wife are so absorbed in radical Christianity that they cannot see the forest for the trees.

September 17, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
  7. PSAztec

Rick Warren's church has a program called "Celebrate Recovery." Very similar to a 12 step program but the first point is that Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher power. It is a Christian recovery group. Of all the Christians I know, none would just rely on prayer alone for depression. My wife has chronic depression. She takes Celebrex. It is hard for her when she is not on her meds. However, I still pray that the depression is taken from her. Had a gentleman from church that was able to get off his depression meds. When my kids are sick, we go to the doctor. Nothing wrong with modern medicine. I am not quite sure why athiests think it is an either/or scenario. It's not. Modern medicine has kept my youngest daughter alive. However, the doctors could not tell me how to get her off her feeding tube, if she would walk, talk, etc. She does, through hard work and lots of prayer. If you don't believe in prayer and Jesus, it would be hard to understand.

September 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm |
    • MennoKnight

Thank you for sharing. What you just said is the norm in church. You can always find a bad apple in any group, but for every bad one, there are 1000 good ones like your story.

September 17, 2013 at 1:14 pm |
    • ME II

"I am not quite sure why athiests think it is an either/or scenario. It's not."

I don't think Atheist think that. What is argued against is relying solely on prayer and church for healing.
      For those in trouble, seek professional medical help; if you want to pray as well, that's up to you.

September 17, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
    • Eyeroll

Is Celebrex for depression? I have never heard of it being used in that way.

September 17, 2013 at 2:30 pm |
  8. buffalo

Religious nutcase rationale dictates that "God" (pick one), "wanted Matt up in 'Heaven' with him". Lets open the floor for discussion, shall we? We'll start with, "If god wanted Matt "up" there with him, why put him on Earth at all?"

September 17, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
    • RWP

Maybe a reason would be that God is using Rick's son by pushing this story into the spotlight that will cause people in both the church and outside the importance of mental health and how to prevent things like this in the future happening to others. His death may give others solace that have experienced the same loss of a child or family member.

September 17, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
      • Lynn123

God couldn't accomplish that another way?

September 17, 2013 at 2:09 pm |
        • WhatintheWorld

Of course not. The blood thirsty, vengeful Judeo-Christian god only teaches lessons through death, suffering and pain. It is the godly way.

September 17, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
  9. Marco

I don't understand, the son of a pastor? Why didn't god help him? Oh wait... what if...

September 17, 2013 at 12:57 pm |
    • Jessica

That's faulty logic/reasoning. Just because someone is in a Christian household and believes in God doesn't mean their lives are "easy". If that were true, then everyone would want to be a Christian! A Christian's life is just as easy or difficult as anyone else's. The difference is that a Christian has hope, faith, and trust in God, both now and for eternity, and the non-believer does not.

September 17, 2013 at 1:18 pm |
      • fairlight

Jessica, The Lord used you for his response. Beautifully said....Thank you!
        Prayers to the Warren family and congregation.

September 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm |
  10. skinnymulligan

Husters of the world...there is one mark you cannot beat....The mark inside.

Have another sandwich Rick.

September 17, 2013 at 12:46 pm |
  11. Rob

I have two things to say: 1 – Religion causes or contributes to mental illness. 2 – The Warren son's behavior is admirable and even a hero for not turning his violence outside and killing others. I have sadness for the pain and confusion his life must have been for him, but much appreciation that he didn't use it as an excuse to hurt other people. He must have been a very strong individual. People like him have special things to offer us, but we just shut our eyes and turn our backs.

September 17, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
    • read some neuroscience, sir.

Your post is pretty much why a stigma still exists. Misinformation abounds. Geesh!

September 17, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
      • Rob

huh?, sir.

September 17, 2013 at 1:27 pm |
      • Rob

Incidentally, mental illness crops up all the time (did I say 'all the time'?) as a defense to senseless violence. Have you not just read the article about the DC shooter? There are many social factors that fail to avert mental illness as well as contributing to mental illness. Furthermore, people learn ways of expression through society. Although mental illness has many roots in physiology (okay, I'll call it neuroscience for you), society is a determining factor on how it is expressed. So, no, it's not a myth. Mental illness can lead to unpredictable behavior such as violence. Finally, I find religion to be a negative (perhaps social scientists and neuroscientists would call it 'positive' because it's an active state) social factor that contributes to destabilizing people suffering from mental illness.

September 17, 2013 at 1:37 pm |
  12. sirhuxley

Sorry folks but this guy (Warren) is a huckster.

September 17, 2013 at 12:41 pm |
    • skinnymulligan

True words.

September 17, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
    • Rob

I believe that. In addition, he's a terrible advertisement for religion in general!

September 17, 2013 at 1:39 pm |
  13. Barry K.

I hope Piers asks the most important, yet most controversial question in all of this. How did someone with such an extensive history of mental illness, someone who had 10 days earlier tried to kill himself, have possession of a gun? Last night Piers was all about gun control (Please don't let up on it Piers!!) and this is a PERFECT example of someone who should have never been anywhere near a gun. He tried to take his life in many other ways, but failed. A gun made it is easy, and he succeeded. Where does the Pastor stand on gun control now? Does he think someone like his son should be allowed to purchase a gun? When are we as a nation, at a minimum, going to at least do everything we can to take guns out of the hands of prior criminals and those with mental illnesses?

September 17, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
    • Gadzooks

someone bent on killing themselves is as difficult to stop as someone trying to kill others, If you want the illusion of safety – gun control is the answer, if you want actual safety you will need to punish and/or treat criminals and the mentally ill.

As for that baboon Piers Morgan, he ran his man pleaser before the facts were in – the Navy yard guy is a perfect study in why and how gun control doesnt work.

All Piers did was lend credence to the notion that the mainstream media is at best amateur and in reality pushing thier own political agendas.

September 17, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
      • Rob

He could have as easily used the gun to kill others. Someone out there walking around today may be fortunate that he killed himself instead. I'm not minimizing his struggles or the pain he was in. But, come on, he was a risk to everybody once he had the gun.

September 17, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
    • Joe33

The unregistered gun was purchased ILLEGALLY- a street purchase. Google is your friend.

September 17, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
      • Rob

Good point. It just goes to show how out of control guns are in this country that they can just be picked up anywhere by anybody anytime for any reason.

September 17, 2013 at 1:46 pm |
    • Kafir

Why aren't "prior criminals and those with mental illnesses" allowed to have the same rights as others in defending themselves?

September 17, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
      • Big Al

Because they have predisposition for acting in ways which put others or themselves in danger. Isn't that obvious?
        It's the same argument used to prevent child molesters from living with children.

September 17, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
    • Rick Warren's Dead Son

Piers is a Brit and not qualified to discuss gun control in the USA. Plain and simple.

September 17, 2013 at 1:00 pm |
      • MennoKnight

Often outsiders have a better ability to see through the crap and point out truth.

September 17, 2013 at 1:18 pm |
        • indeed, indeed.

well said, mennoknight.

September 17, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
        • Rob

Ya, I hate that we have to listen to this foreigner. Ugh. However, in this case it has to come from outsiders, because we have become blind to the situation.

September 17, 2013 at 1:48 pm |
      • Mistress

Tacky name, you will be punished for that

September 17, 2013 at 2:07 pm |
        • Rob

I'm jealous!

September 17, 2013 at 2:12 pm |
        • Rick Warren's Dead Son

YEAH YEAH YEAH. Warren is right up there with Fred Phelps.

September 17, 2013 at 4:29 pm |
    • livelyone

First off where in the artical does it say he owned a gun or his parents allowed it. All it says is he killed himself with a gun. He may have gotten it from a friend or stole it. Irregardless this is not about gun control but about society needing to view mental illness as a real illness. I am a father of a son who has been dealing with depression for quite some time and have seen the effects of what it can do first hand, not only to himself but also to his mother and sister. Luckily we've been able to get him help by seeing a Psychologist on a regular basis and has been responding favorably, however, some are not so fortunate. As Gadzooks stated, if someone is bent on killing themselves there are other ways than shooting oneself. Time to stop treating the symptom and start treating the illness.

September 17, 2013 at 1:03 pm |
      • KLL

I really appreciate what you have written. Thank you. Well said, my friend, well said.

September 17, 2013 at 1:15 pm |
      • Rob

I'm very sorry that your son and your family is struggling with illness. You're also correct that the Warren boy's suicide was about illness, not gun control. However, wouldn't it have been nice if there weren't guns just 'lying around' for him to beg, borrow, or steal? I think it would.

Furthermore, what if he was enraged or having complications with medicine. Would he have used the gun against others? Rage is an aspect of mental illness.

September 17, 2013 at 1:51 pm |
    • Maria Martin

You are making an excellent point. Yes this country has a problem with violence and religion. I frankly do not know how people can reconcile having guns and believing in Jesus Christ that preached about love, turning the other cheek and even died on the cross himself. Try to explain that one my friend because I cannot. I am just so fed up with gun issues lately, that is all we have been seeing in the news....

September 17, 2013 at 1:22 pm |
  14. Bob Sommers

I extend my sincere condolences to Kay and Rick Warren on the passing of their son, Matthew. I hope that they continue to make progress in their journey of understanding and acceptance of their son's decision to end his own life. The Warrens, obviously, are religious people. Speaking as an atheist, I have no understanding of how religion can help anyone, but I do know that religion can bring acceptance and peace to believers. I wish the Warrens the peace they seek.

September 17, 2013 at 12:11 pm |
    • KLL

I attend Saddleback Church and am not a member. I grew up in another religion with completely different beliefs. I never connected to it. The reason I attend services at Saddleback Church is because Rick and Kay Warren and other pastors that speak, are great messengers and provide the most uplifting, intelligent and relatable messages I have ever heard. Rick and Kay Warren are very humble people and share of themselves in ways that touch so many. The church also offers so many programs for anyone and everyone, many at no cost. Never has anyone there ever "pushed" me to believe a certain way or become a member. I simply get so much from the messages. I love that they are so community oriented and no, I don't agree with everything that Christianity says, but, they don't ask that of me. They don't ask anything of me, they just let me be. Rick and Kay are reaching out to help anyone in need and now they are sharing a very deeply personal and painful part of their lives so others can be helped. That's what Saddleback Church is about. This is from someone raised in the Jewish religion.

September 17, 2013 at 1:20 pm |
      • Rob

Do you reach out and help atheists and support their atheism as part of their life and who they are? Or do you only help those that accept religion for themselves? If you were to help an atheist would you tell them that lack of religion is the root of their problem? Or do you really believe in total acceptance of the goodness of others, regardless of who they are? Don't answer my question. But I hope you have an understanding of your true motives.

September 17, 2013 at 1:57 pm |
    • damselinsos

Very nicely said. Thank you for expressing your beliefs without putting down other's and showing tolerance. I hate it when people start slinging (non) religions and theology around to hurt others. If you believe in most religions then you should not be doing and if you don't have a religion, it still isn't nice. The bottom line is the Warrens are hurting and they find comfort in their faith.

September 17, 2013 at 1:38 pm |
  15. irisheyes

I'm the pastor of a progressive church and am truly sorry about the Warren's son. What really galls me is those of you who think all churches are alike. Mine is very different from the fundamentalist, evangelical church. We believe in science and evolution. We see God as Creator, but one who continues to create. Our church extends a warm welcome to all people, including the LGBT community. We work for justice for the oppressed and marginalized, food for the hungry, and base our actions not on converting people to our church, but in living our faith through love. I have a Master's degree as do many of my church members. We Christians are not all flat-earthers and I resent so many comments on here that imply that we are!

September 17, 2013 at 11:51 am |
    • SW

It's not about you, so get off your high-horse!

September 17, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
      • J. Acker

Well, SW, it kind of IS about him, since most of the people on this thread have chosen to attack religion – as if no mentally ill atheists have ever committed suicide.

September 17, 2013 at 12:58 pm |
    • Big Al

There simply isn't enough churches like yours to overcome that stigma. You type gets lost in the noise.

September 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm |
    • musings

Keep up the good work, irisheyes.

September 17, 2013 at 1:04 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

What is the name of you church or denomination... (whatever you call yourselves)...

September 17, 2013 at 1:14 pm |
    • Brother Maynard

Irisheyes sez:
      "We believe in science and evolution. We see God as Creator, but one who continues to create. "
      Please provide your peer reviewed data on the most resent creations of god. One creation is all I'm asking.
      If you cannot provide this .. you ARE flat-earthers.
      Also because you accept member of the LGBT seems to indicate ( although I am reaching here ) that you influence your congregation to certain politcal views / agendas. I may agree with these views ... but because you push them via the church, through some spiritual force, I consider it as erroneous and misguided as the fundamentalist church.

September 17, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
    • TheObserver

Well, since religion is the most destructive social force in human history, you can probably understand the skepticism.

September 17, 2013 at 2:57 pm |
    • Rob

It's great that you try to be inclusive. And I disagree, people don't think all religion is the same. It's just that brief comments are too brief to lend themselves to a true conversation about enlightenment.

September 17, 2013 at 4:25 pm |
  16. GG in San Diego

Only 60% of Americans think you can not pray mental illness away? The other 40% are the real crazies. Glad to hear Ms. Warren is focused on removing the stigma that "mental" illness implies. Too bad it took a tragedy close to home to focus her and perhaps his, attention on an area where their access to the above 40% could be used constructively. People, "mental" illness is just that, an illness, and should be viewed in the same light as illnesses below the neck.

September 17, 2013 at 11:50 am |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

I read it as 48% of Evangelicals are dumb shits... which is quite surprising to me, since I would have said 99.9% are dumb shits...

September 17, 2013 at 12:39 pm |
      • You aren't using facts

I don't think you understand what demean means. Have you heard of a dictionary? You might want to look that word up because you're failing miserably at not demeaning people.

September 17, 2013 at 2:34 pm |
        • n8r0n

Religion should be considered to be demeaning to all thinking people. It certainly is to me.

September 17, 2013 at 4:39 pm |
        • Lucifer's Evil Twin

Reading what I posted earlier... I obviously DO know what demean means...

September 17, 2013 at 7:44 pm |
      • Atheist FOREVER

I think very few of them truly believe in their mythology, they are just taking part in "Pascals wager".

September 17, 2013 at 6:36 pm |
      • Dan

and you're how old again?

September 17, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
    • Keksi

And those 60% of Americans are dumb.

They would rather be addicted to drugs then turn to God for help.

September 17, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
      • Richard Cranium

Turning to god for help is the same as talking to a wall. There are many ways to treat mental illness without the use of drugs, so that assumption gets thrown out too.

Adding in the delusion of religion to assist in treating mental illness is just adding one form of mental illness to another. Best to leave religion OUT of the phycholgical realm. There is nothing that religion can bring that is beneficial that cannot be found elsewhere.

September 17, 2013 at 2:40 pm |
        • n8r0n

Not true. Walls exist 🙂

September 17, 2013 at 4:41 pm |
      • Crazy

Yeah because those are the options... god or Drugs..there is no middle ground

September 17, 2013 at 6:54 pm |
    • boredofceleb

Absolutely! Mental illness is just that. There are those who believe in Divine healing, but it's obvious Warren is acknowledging that is not the case. Whatever you think of Rick Warren, the fact remains that his son committed suicide and his family suffering the indescribably painful fallout. At least give Warren the credit to admit that they tried every means–medical, prayer, everything they could think of. And that he is now on a mission to banish the stigma of mental illness. Tragically, it took the life of his son to get him to that point.

September 17, 2013 at 2:31 pm |
    • Atheist FOREVER

Anyone who believes in religion as a solution for any illness, should stop, and evaluate the wisdom of handing over responsibilities to an imaginary mythological creature.

Secondly, I strongly suspect that the guilt trip laid on this young man (for being gay) by this clown, and his other religious goons, probably contributed in a BIG way to the poor kids suicide. Remember, that to believers in christian mythology, you can "pray the gay away" (Marcus Bachmann anyone?). This hypocrite talks about "acceptance", but the persecution (telling gays that they will burn in hell) that comes from him and his type has contributed to the suicide of this an many other young gay teens. This man should be ashamed of himself for being a factor in his son's death, but I'm sure he blames the (invisible) devil who lives in the (invisible) fire pit. Disgusting.

September 17, 2013 at 6:35 pm |
      • boredofceleb

Where does it say he was gay? I can't find it unless it's in the video clip I didn't listen to. You sure about that or just speculating? That'd be a pretty awful thing to accuse a father of his son's suicide if it weren't true.

September 17, 2013 at 6:53 pm |
    • Reidh

Go phukyoselfUphoneypeiceofchit.

September 25, 2013 at 3:45 pm |
    • storm

Warren is prideful enough to say he actually has the "blueprint for living".....in his book! Yikes- can it get anymore blasphemous? God said He is His word and His word is Him. Thy word is truth. If you know Jesus, you know we are here to serve God, not man, not freemasons, not knights of Columbus, none of this. We do not seek after fame and wealth by serving new world order agendas. When men think they can outsmart God and lead the masses according to their own agendas, the satanic realm will eat them for lunch eventually. This is not an issue of mental illness- it is an issue of a man claiming to know Jesus Christ and serve Him who has made false claims that he knows more than the Holy Bible. If you don't believe this? Read Warren's book-and see.

Rick Warren said on Hannity’s show in 2008, on how to get to heaven: “Give as much of yourself as you understand to as much as you understand about me and then keep growing in it.”

That isn't biblical. Jesus said we MUST believe in Him as the resurrected Master,God and Savior and to repent of our sins and trust in only HIS work, not our's

Luk 6:26 "Woe to you, when all people speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets."

October 27, 2013 at 10:52 am |