home
RSS
October 23rd, 2013

Vatican suspends German bishop amid spending investigation

By the CNN Belief Blog Editors
[twitter-follow screen_name='CNNBelief']

(CNN) - The Vatican said Wednesday it has suspended a German bishop who has come under fire for his extravagant lifestyle.

Bishop Franz-Peter Tebartz-Van Elst is under investigation for his spending after his residence in Limburg, Germany, was renovated for $42 million.

The Vatican says Tebartz-Van Elst cannot carry out his ministry as long as the investigation in ongoing, and he's been ordered to stay outside his diocese.

Coined the "Bling Bishop," Tebartz-Van Elst, who is known as theologically conservative, has denied any wrongdoing, saying the cost overruns on the renovation are legitimate because surrounding structures had to be protected, including the old city wall.

FULL STORY
- CNN Belief Blog

Filed under: Belief • Bishops • Catholic Church • Christianity • Church and state • Europe • Germany • Money & Faith • Pope Francis • Vatican

1. Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

Cardinal: Well, what do you suggest we change, Father Maxi?
    Father Maxi: Well, for one, no sex with boys.
    Congregation: Awwwwww! Rabble rabble rabble!

October 25, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
  2. Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

Bishop: O Great Queen Spider, we wish to change one of the Vatican laws.
    Queen Spider: No, the Vatican laws cannot be changed, so sayeth the spider.

October 25, 2013 at 2:48 pm |
  3. CommonSensed

Gotta love tax exempt status that can give you such a cool hat. And church, and house and salary and car and vacations and...

October 25, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
  4. Age of Reason

.."JESUS CHRIST" and the TWELVE apostles are just a PARODY of the Sun God and the twelve signs of the ZODIAC"

THE RELIGIOUS COMPILATIONS OF THOMAS PAINE

October 25, 2013 at 2:27 pm |
  5. David

Spending so much time and energy hating, belittling, mocking, and ridiculing people who have done nothing to hurt you is irrational, as well as pitiful and pathetic.

October 25, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
    • Born2BModerated

Good to know you would never do that.

October 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
    • Akira

And yet you gave us the post directly below this one, belittling, mocking, and ridiculing atheists. Applause.

October 25, 2013 at 2:32 pm |
      • Born2BModerated

I may be only an atheist, but if I keep using christians like David to be my roll models I may change some day.

October 25, 2013 at 2:38 pm |
        • Akira

Oh, he's a shining example, all right.

October 25, 2013 at 2:41 pm |
        • Busy Baker

Born2B,

Yeah, many of them are sin-o-man nut roll models!

(I guess you meant "role", though, huh?)

October 25, 2013 at 2:46 pm |
        • Born2BModerated

Not sure if I should say:
          1) Oops
          2) Yeah, typing without an editor
          3) I clearly need a smarter role model

October 25, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
    • CommonSensed

Hypocritical much?

October 25, 2013 at 2:41 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

I concur... Christians really should stop doing that...

October 25, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
    • truthprevails1

Here's the deal: Keep your belief in your home, in your church and out of the lives of others who don't share it; respect the fact that you live in a Secular Country; stop dictating what rights LGBT have; stop dictating what is taught in schools; stop dictating what women do with their bodies...when that happens we'll have reason to back off, until that point-ridiculous claims and intrusions, merit being called out.
      That respect you people demand really does go both ways.

October 25, 2013 at 2:52 pm |
      • Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

Ahhh! Rabble rabble rabble rabble!

October 25, 2013 at 2:55 pm |
      • Born2BModerated

Right. When pigs fly.
        No, not even then – because they would give some god credit for a miracle and try to convert me again.

October 25, 2013 at 2:59 pm |
  6. David

Atheists need to get a life. They have nothing better to do than to make asses of themselves here.

October 25, 2013 at 2:23 pm |
    • CommonSensed

Maybe folks should just post belittling comments and then post another comment immediately after ridiculing people who make belittling comments.

Nah – that's be lame.

October 25, 2013 at 2:42 pm |
    • GOD

David, you ungrateful little sh.it – I give you the powers to slay Goliath and this is how you thanks me, with shallow displays of pride and anger !!

I am a great and vengeful God and I shall smite you forthwith, ..oh wait…

October 25, 2013 at 2:43 pm |
      • CommonSensed

There ya go, god...being all high and smitey again.

October 25, 2013 at 2:44 pm |
        • Akira

Well played, sir.

October 25, 2013 at 2:50 pm |
  7. Born2BModerated

DO you know what I find funny?
    That christians post comments about the great minds in history being christians!
    After all, if you look at the long periods in European history where the church WAS the government, all public figures had to at least claim to be christian or go to jail. Even in America today, with so many christians running around loose, it is a wise public image move to claim to have christian ties of some sort – i.e. politicians.

October 25, 2013 at 2:20 pm |
  8. Nada

The guards look like Jesters and the Bishop looks like a clown. Bozo wants his outfit back lol

October 25, 2013 at 2:18 pm |
    • Akira

Pomp and circumstance ain't pretty.

October 25, 2013 at 2:36 pm |
      • Charm Quark

Did you catch the news that Frankie wants the guys to stop wearing their large gold crosses and chains and dumb down to silver or pewter. Didn't say where all that gold should go but I don't think they will be selling it right soon to get the cash to pay off the victims of the churches abuses.

October 25, 2013 at 2:58 pm |
  9. Apple Fresh

You, child
    Crossing the line without knowing
    Just for being who you are
    What confusion was hard wired?
    A developing brain, healthy and ready
    Sabotaged as a child
    Savage religion.

October 25, 2013 at 1:56 pm |
  10. Apple Fresh

Religion is a crime
    I preach that mess all the time
    The churches just keep on prayin’ and sayin’
    I ain’t hatin’
    Just demonstratin’
    Atheists stand up fool and show your face
    Ain’t no disgrace
    Gotta be that way player
    Do us all that favor

October 25, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
  11. Apple Bush

Good day Topher.

October 25, 2013 at 1:35 pm |
    • Topher

Hey, dude, how're you doing?

October 25, 2013 at 1:46 pm |
      • Apple Fresh

Big day. My daughter is opening in South Pacific tonight!

October 25, 2013 at 1:51 pm |
        • Apple Bush

Sorry, back to the "Bush"

October 25, 2013 at 1:51 pm |

Very cool!

October 25, 2013 at 1:59 pm |
      • Apple Fresh

My other daughter has Homecoming tonight. Busy day. You?

October 25, 2013 at 1:59 pm |
        • Topher

Nothing too exciting. Getting ready for Halloween.

October 25, 2013 at 2:00 pm |
        • Topher

Can't believe the season right now ... Halloween is next week, it snowed here yesterday and the local "Christmas" celebration is less than a month away.

October 25, 2013 at 2:29 pm |
        • Doc Vestibule

It's pumpkin carving weekend in the Vestibule house!
          These are last year's:
          imgur.com/a/7Jker

October 25, 2013 at 2:36 pm |

Nice carving work, Doc.

October 25, 2013 at 2:39 pm |
        • Doc Vestibule

And the year before:
          i.imgur.com/AfXue.jpg

Can you guess which of us picked Mr. Spock?

October 25, 2013 at 2:41 pm |
        • Doc Vestibule

@Topher
          Thank you!
          Ms. Vestibule just spent a ridiculous amount of money on wood carving tools.
          For what she paid we'd better have a Sistine Chapel pumpkin this year..

October 25, 2013 at 2:45 pm |
        • Topher

I should try and take it up again. I was pretty good at it back in my teens. My Halloween decorations are severely lacking this year.

October 25, 2013 at 2:48 pm |
        • truthprevails1

Doc: No snow yet? Barrie seemed to have gotten hit yesterday.

Topher: Where are you located?

October 25, 2013 at 2:56 pm |
        • hawaiiguest

@Topher

In regards to one of your posts.

"The very first description of Messiah is Genesis 3:15. Dude, I'd suggest you read and understand something before you reject it"

And here is Genesis 3: 15
          And I will put enmity
          between you and the woman,
          and between your offspring[a] and hers;
          he will crush[b] your head,
          and you will strike his heel.”

That being the curse your god put on the serpent. So how is this a mention of the "messiah"? Are you just throwing out random bible verses and hoping that it fits what you're talking about?"

I posted this to you 2 days ago, but you never answered.

October 25, 2013 at 2:59 pm |

truthprevails1

Illinois

October 25, 2013 at 3:03 pm |
        • Madtown

Topher
          Illinois
          -----
          Go Packers!!!

October 25, 2013 at 3:08 pm |
        • Born2BModerated

@hawaiiguest

October 25, 2013 at 3:10 pm |

Born2BModerated

"Do you really think Topher is ever going to giva na honest answer to a biblical challenge?"

I give as honest an answer as I can. But I don't know everything.

"Everyone else here knows the bible has errors, but Topher will NEVER admit to it. Ever."

No, there are some errors, just not the kind you're likely trying to say there are. There's spelling errors. Copy errors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're probably talking about contradictions.

October 25, 2013 at 3:18 pm |

Madtown

"Go Packers!!!"

Enter discount double-check reference here. 😉

October 25, 2013 at 3:19 pm |
        • In Santa we trust

No Topher the whole creation myth does not stand up to what evolution, cosmology, geology, etc show us. There is very little in the bible that has been verified as accurate – a few people and places, but nothing else. And if the foundation is wrong, well you know what that means for the edifice built on it.

October 25, 2013 at 3:23 pm |
        • Doc Vestibule

No snow here yet, thankfully.
          It doesn't surprise me that Barrie is getting slammed already. Once you get up around Georgian Bay, the snow starts a-fallin.
          Before coming to T.O., I lived in Borden (just North of Barrie) and I HATED all the flipping snow.
          Especially after having spent some years in Victoria where it seldom ever dips below 0.
          Winter on the Island might be damp and dreary, but at least you don't have to shovel rain.

October 25, 2013 at 3:25 pm |

In Santa we trust

"No Topher the whole creation myth does not stand up to what evolution, cosmology, geology, etc show us."

So what? Those things can't disprove the Bible. I don't believe in evolution (and neither does science.) The other two are a matter of presuppositions. We have the same evidence but come to different conclusions.

"There is very little in the bible that has been verified as accurate – a few people and places, but nothing else."

More like a LOT of places and a LOT of people. Historically, there is no other book that has been vetted like the Bible. Even places and people atheists used to use as arguments against the Bible have been discovered to be real.

"And if the foundation is wrong, well you know what that means for the edifice built on it."

I'd agree. If the foundation is wrong you could throw it out. But it's not been proven wrong. In fact, NOTHING the Bible states has been proven wrong.

October 25, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
        • Joey

October 25, 2013 at 3:34 pm |
        • hawaiiguest

Isn't it interesting that Topher responds to people saying that he wont give an honest answer, but doesn't actually answer my post.

October 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm |
        • truthprevails1

Doc: I'm originally from Wiarton (Georgian Bay shoreline). NB is just where the love of my life happened to live, so after 16 years in Ottawa I took my escape from city life and came here.

October 25, 2013 at 3:38 pm |
        • Topher

So are you guys hockey fans? Big Blackhawks fan myself.

October 25, 2013 at 3:39 pm |
        • Madtown

Hawaii, you must not be quoting from the correct version!

October 25, 2013 at 3:40 pm |

Joey

"Pretty much anything the bible says is contradicted somewhere else in the bible, which in my opinion makes the entire thing useless."

Yeah, it does appear on the surface there's lots of contradictions in the Bible. But if you study it in depth you'll discover there aren't any. Every "contradiction" complaint I've ever heard has an answer for it.

October 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm |
        • hawaiiguest

@Topher

Don't you mean "accept how I interpret the bible and there won't be any contradictions"?

October 25, 2013 at 3:44 pm |
        • truthprevails1

Topher: I pay attention to the play offs when my LEAFS are in them. My sport of choice is NASCAR...43 drivers, one goal in mind :-).

October 25, 2013 at 3:52 pm |
        • Charm Quark

hawaiiguest
          That is what Topher means but he doesn't understand what he means is wrong because he has dozens of Christian apologetics websites and young earth societies to make him feel like he is intelligent in his comments. Topher's faith and belief system is very frightening if it were to spread.

October 25, 2013 at 3:56 pm |

Charm Quark

Apologetics just means being able to give an answer. Nothing wrong with that. And yes, there are lots of websites and even more books on the subject. It's very interesting stuff.

October 25, 2013 at 4:03 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher

October 25, 2013 at 4:16 pm |
        • Robert Brown

HG,

The seed of the woman = Jesus. The serpent = Satan.

October 25, 2013 at 4:19 pm |
        • ME II

@Robert Brown
          "The seed of the woman = Jesus. The serpent = Satan."

Really? How's that a reference to Jesus?

October 25, 2013 at 4:23 pm |

Charm Quark

"Answer hawaiiguest, It has to be your interpretation of the myth that is correct, yes or no?"

No, it's not my interpretation. It's just what the Bible says.

October 25, 2013 at 4:23 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher
          Well, I have never run across a talking snake so I guess Noah forgot to get a few for the ark and they all got drowned or if they did survive they were probably at Babel and can only talk snake now, that would explain it. Did I get anything wrong, all that crap is in your bible, so silly.

October 25, 2013 at 4:42 pm |

Charm Quark

It's a serpent and not necessarily a snake until after the fall. Second, as it was Satan causing the "snake" to talk, you wouldn't find others talking. See? You mock what you don't understand.

October 25, 2013 at 4:47 pm |
        • Madtown

not necessarily a snake until after the fall
          ----
          I'm not surprised. Snakes are cold-blooded, and after the fall(during winter), in the north anyway, they are typically inactive in a state of psuedo-hibernation. I don't imagine they feel like conversing.

October 25, 2013 at 4:55 pm |
        • Just the Facts Ma'am...

Second, as it was Radagast the brown causing the "snake" to talk, you wouldn't find others talking. See? You mock what you don't understand...

October 25, 2013 at 5:00 pm |
        • hawaiiguest

@Topher

Why won't you just answer the question? You've been avoiding this for 3 days now. I thought you may have gained some kind of integrity since I left, but I guess I was wrong.

October 25, 2013 at 5:01 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher
          Enough Topher bashing for today; I mock what is ridiculous and you reject all knowledge since the 2000 years your book of nonsense was written. Your are a hoot, good for a laugh.

October 25, 2013 at 5:03 pm |

Charm Quark

"I mock what is ridiculous and you reject all knowledge since the 2000 years your book of nonsense was written."

That's completely fallacious and you know it.

October 25, 2013 at 5:05 pm |
        • Robert Brown

Me2,

See the genealogy of Jesus.

October 25, 2013 at 5:07 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher
          No, I know I am right, just as you claim that you know you are right about your young earth bible BS as the ultimate truth.
          PS: hawaiiguest wants an answer or you can duck again.

October 25, 2013 at 5:15 pm |
        • Topher

Ah, so you're a post-modern.

October 25, 2013 at 5:21 pm |
        • ME II

@Robert Brown,
          "See the genealogy of Jesus."

October 25, 2013 at 5:31 pm |

ME II

"Isn't the "offspring" or "seed" of the supposed Eve pretty much everyone? That's not a reference to Jesus specifically, but to every Jesus ever born and every Tom, John, Steve, etc."

What makes it clearly about Christ is that Christ is the ONLY one that can "bruise" Satan's head.

October 25, 2013 at 5:35 pm |
        • ME II

@Topher,

"Second, as it was Satan causing the 'snake' to talk, you wouldn't find others talking."

More metaphor?

October 25, 2013 at 5:43 pm |

ME II

"Ah, I see now. Although doesn't that conflict with what was just said about it being Satan talking through a serpent."

How does it conflict?

October 25, 2013 at 5:47 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher

October 25, 2013 at 5:53 pm |

Charm Quark

"Let us not forget the unnamed Eve the second, Noah's wife, whose three sons proceeded to populate the whole world, there must be a Monty Python sketch about this somewhere, including the drunken Noah with junk showing. Hilarious."

What about them?

October 25, 2013 at 5:55 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher
          Pay attention, if everything started over again after the flood, Eve the first and all that nonsense in Eden is irrelevant. Eve the II is now the queen womb as all people descend from her and her three sons, making the earlier history mute. Hard to make this stuff up someone did.

October 25, 2013 at 6:07 pm |

Charm Quark

It makes nothing irrelevant. Since both Noah and his wife were also descendents of Adam and Even, it's still valid.

October 25, 2013 at 6:15 pm |
        • Robert Brown

Me2,
          Genealogy Adam to Mary Luke 3: 23-31

October 25, 2013 at 6:22 pm |
        • My Dog is a jealous Dog

@Robert Brown

Do you check anything that you post – that genealogy is Jesus to David (not Adam)

October 25, 2013 at 6:27 pm |

My Dog is a jealous Dog

Keep reading. It goes back to Adam in verse 38.

October 25, 2013 at 6:30 pm |
        • hawaiiguest

@Topher and Robert

This whole thing is probably the most tenuous connection I've ever seen you draw to try and twist the bible into saying what you want it to say.
          This is pretty sad.

October 25, 2013 at 6:56 pm |
        • My Dog is a jealous Dog

@Robert

If you meant verses 23-38, then you shouldn't have written 23-31.

I counted them up – 75 generations from Adam to Jesus. At 20 years per generation that is 1500 years. I know you believe that people lived longer in the OT, but you have to imagine that they did start to procreate when they finished puberty (20 years) – they were commanded to be fruitful and multiply after all. If you want to argue that puberty was also be delayed by a longer lifespan, I would argue that no mother would put up with late night bre.ast feeding and potty training for decades at a time. How can you possibly believe that there were only 75 generations of man between creation and Jesus. If I did indeed live for 500 years there would be 25 generations all alive at the same time. I remember my great-grandfather, but my great, great, great, .. (repeat 20 more times) ... grandfather? Please, how do you expect anyone to believe this nonsense?

October 25, 2013 at 7:23 pm |
        • Billy

Christians claim that Genesis 3:15 is a reference to Jesus, because it refers to the offspring or seed of a woman. The general idea behind this is that men are the only ones who have "seed" and thus this must refer to a virgin birth. However, we shall see that the term "seed" is not limited to male reproductivity alone in the Torah.

The word translated to seed here is "zera", can also be translated to offspring, among other things. Genesis 3:15 is not the only place in the Scriptures where we see that a woman has seed, for example:

Gen 16:10: (Speaking to the woman, Hagar) The angel added, "I will so increase your descendants [Heb. zara] that they will be too numerous to count."

Gen 24:60: And they blessed Rebekah and said to her,
          "Our sister, may you increase
          to thousands upon thousands;
          may your offspring [Heb. zara] possess
          the gates of their enemies."

Unless it is understood that both Rabekah and Hagar bore children without se-x, which we know they didn't, then it makes no exegetical sense to assume that Genesis 3:15 refers to a virgin birth when it uses the same term used for children from se-xual unions. It might help to keep in mind that the term "seed" as translated here is interchangable with "offspring" – and we all know that women have offspring without virgin births.

Now, lets keep in mind that nowhere does it actually state that this is a messianic prophecy. The idea alone is unscriptural. This became a messianic prophecy when Christians, reading the Bible in English, thought it was curious that a woman had "seed" when men only had "seed" (i.e. sperm). They had no clue what they were reading, what it said in Hebrew, or how to interpret it.

October 25, 2013 at 8:39 pm |
  12. Reality # 2

Just another nail in the coffin lid of the RCC and religion in general.

October 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

The main reason I want to see the Vatican go down is that the contents of their secret library would finally be revealed.
      Can you imagine how many suppressed works of historical significance are locked away in there?

October 25, 2013 at 12:59 pm |
      • Reality # 2

Hammering the nails in the coffin lids of the major religions in less than ten seconds: Priceless !!!

• There was no Easter i.e. Christianity completely fails as a religion.

• There was no Moroni i.e. Mormonism is nothing more than a business cult.

• A constant cycle of reincarnation until enlightenment is reached and belief that various beings (angels?, tinkerbells? etc) exist that we, as mortals, cannot comprehend makes for a no on Sikhism.

Added details available upon written request.

October 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm |

Why?

October 25, 2013 at 1:01 pm |
      • Joey

Why What?

October 25, 2013 at 1:05 pm |
        • Topher

Why is it a nail in the coffin for religion?

October 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm |
        • Tom, Tom, the Other One

Probably not for a religion that actually embraces poverty for its representatives. Do you know of one, Topher?

October 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm |

Nope.

October 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm |
      • error

Topher = too many redundant gosubs with no return

October 25, 2013 at 1:12 pm |

gosubs?

October 25, 2013 at 1:17 pm |
        • error

programming terms Toph. too many redundant calls to the same sub program to handle the same input (argument)

October 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
        • Observer

error,

You didn't really expect that Topher would know programming language, did you? Get serious.

October 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
        • ME II

"You didn't really expect that Topher would know programming language, did you? "

Especially, not one as ancient as one that uses gosub/return.

October 25, 2013 at 1:37 pm |
        • Joey

I just assume that Topher doesn't believe in programming because it is not mentioned in the bible.

October 25, 2013 at 1:40 pm |
        • Apple Bush

Garbage IN, Garbage OUT

October 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm |
        • Vic

Wow...Fortran 77?!

October 25, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
        • error

"Especially, not one as ancient as one that uses gosub/return."

good point..

October 25, 2013 at 1:44 pm |
        • Topher

True. I know nothing about programming. Don't really care to, either.

October 25, 2013 at 1:47 pm |
        • Observer

Programming requires the ability to think things through logically.

October 25, 2013 at 1:53 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher believes all languages were created at the tower of Babel. The most honest comment you have ever made.
          "I know nothing about______, (except what is written in the bible). Don't really care to, either." Willful ignorance at its finest.

October 25, 2013 at 1:57 pm |

Not what I said at all.

October 25, 2013 at 2:02 pm |
        • Charm Quark

Topher
          Editorial licence and quite true.

October 25, 2013 at 2:07 pm |
        • Nada

Actually Topher he is spot on.

October 25, 2013 at 2:11 pm |
        • Joey

Topher, that is certainly how you come across to most people.

October 25, 2013 at 2:13 pm |
        • Topher

I can see how I can come across that way ... considering this is a "Belief Blog" and that's what we talk about here ...

October 25, 2013 at 2:15 pm |
        • Doc Vestibule

10 ? 'THE BIBLE IS TRUE BECUASE'
          20 GOTO 10

The "gosub" reference is giving me flashbacks to programming in BASIC.
          If you POKE my brain, I can give you a PEEK...

October 25, 2013 at 2:28 pm |
        • ME II

@Doc,
          Excellent example.

You got mad programmin' skills, Doc.

October 25, 2013 at 2:35 pm |
        • Doc Vestibule

I prefer to think I have "skillz" <- note the "z"
          This indicates not only book smart code, but street smart as well.
          But I don't code anymore.
          The company calls me a "Technical Analyst" and analysts don't create code – we just tell you why YOUR code is wrong. 😉

October 25, 2013 at 2:50 pm |
        • Vic

System Analysts, however, do programming in High Level Languages as well as Scripting.

October 25, 2013 at 3:49 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

I don't want the Vatican to disappear, myself. I do want to see them reduced to the significance of Santa's Toy Town in a snow globe.

October 25, 2013 at 1:03 pm |
      • Oh the bidding wars for those...

That reminds me – I wonder how these Fargo woodchipper snow globes go for now...

October 25, 2013 at 1:16 pm |
  13. Incredibly Intelligent Christian

I believe the Earth IS round!

October 25, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
  14. HeavenSent

Help! I am lodged between the stove and the fridge and I can't get out. My 12-year-old daughter was sweeping up the bones and got stuck. I tried to save her. Atheists will burn.

Amen.

October 25, 2013 at 12:44 pm |
    • Lucifer's Evil Twin

October 25, 2013 at 12:48 pm |
      • HeavenSent

Three of the kittens survived. I prayed for my daughter. Worms and drippings and satan.

Amen.

October 25, 2013 at 1:41 pm |
  15. Crank

Every Christian on this blog is an idiot. A complete numbskull. No offense.

October 25, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

I've met incredibly intelligent Christians. I agree that they are largely unrepresented on this blog though.

October 25, 2013 at 12:35 pm |
      • Crank

Intelligent perhaps. Delusional, absolutely.

October 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm |
      • Crank

"Incredibly" intelligent? Yeah right.

October 25, 2013 at 12:45 pm |
  16. Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

Mickey Mouse: Where would you be without me, Jonas Brothers? Ha-ha. Your music sucks and you know it, ha-ha. It's because you make little girl's gineys tickle, and when little girl's gineys tickle, I make money, ha-ha. And that's because little girls are fvcking stupid, ha-ha. And the purity rings make it okay to do whatever I want, ha-ha. Even the Christians are too fvcking stupid to figure out I'm selling s.ex to their daughters. I've made billions off of Christian ignorance for decades now, ha-ha, and do you know why? Because Christians are retarded, ha-ha. They believe in a talking dead guy! Ha-ha! [realizes the curtain is up] Oh. Ha-ha. Hello, folks.

October 25, 2013 at 12:24 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

That was actually one of the greatest speeches given in television history.

October 25, 2013 at 12:27 pm |
      • Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

The 'ha-ha's' they had Mickey saying almost made me pee myself from laughing so hard ~LET

October 25, 2013 at 12:30 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

I couldn't stop laughing when the little girls were talking about how they wouldn't give anybody a BJ, then the Jonas Brothers enter the room and all of their mouths pucker.

October 25, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
        • Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

[after Tammy performs fellatio on Kenny, he contracts syphilis and dies]
          Cartman: I told him. The woman's mouth is the most germ-ridden place on earth, I said. Statistically the most unsafe place for a man to put his penis, I said.
          Kyle: Well, now we know.
          Cartman: And knowing is half the battle.

October 25, 2013 at 12:40 pm |
        • Cartman

Well I run with like twelve gangs and we only commit hate crimes.

October 25, 2013 at 1:04 pm |
        • Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

Cartman: I'm so bad I digitally put Jabba the Hut back in the original Star Wars movie! Whatevah, I do what I want!
          Maury Povich: Wow! That is out of control!

October 25, 2013 at 1:13 pm |
        • Joey

Kyle: Wow! That's a lot of seamen, Cartman.
          Cartman: Yeah, I bought all that I could at this bank, and then I got the rest from this guy Ralph in an alley.
          Stan: That's cool.
          Cartman: Yeah, and the sweet thing is, the stupid ass.hole didn't even charge me money for it. He just made me close my eyes and suck on a hose.

October 25, 2013 at 1:23 pm |
    • Doc Vestibule

Reminds me of the old joke about Mickey Mouse in divorce court.
      JUDGE: Mr. Mouse, it states here that your reason for seeking a divorce is that your wife is childish and mentally unsound?
      MICKEY: No! I said she was phukking Goofy!

October 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
  17. Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

Eric Cartman: My momma's so poor she walks down the street in one shoe, and if you ask her if she lost a shoe, she says 'No I found one!'

October 25, 2013 at 12:20 pm |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

I enjoy eating off my tummy.

October 25, 2013 at 12:22 pm |
      • Sea Otter (Leader Allied Atheist Alliance)

Know this, time child! I shall smash your skull like a clam on my tummy!

October 25, 2013 at 12:28 pm |
  18. bostontola

Lets see, there is no evolution, god created the universe as is roughly 6000 years ago. In 6000 years, where did all these languages come from? God created Adam, we all came from that, different races, languages, but no evolution. That's kind of confusing.

October 25, 2013 at 12:16 pm |
  19. I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Ever notice how the trolling all happens at once. I'm beginning to think Vic and Bill Deacon are the only genuine Christians left here.

October 25, 2013 at 12:01 pm |
    • Science

It might be chad/Vic.............chad knows.

October 25, 2013 at 12:34 pm |
      • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Vic seems genuine to me.

October 25, 2013 at 12:36 pm |
        • A Frayed Knot

Chad was genuine in his own way too (he has not been around since the new editor took over, btw), but Vic is not Chad by a long shot.

October 25, 2013 at 12:47 pm |
    • Science

i could find it but not worth the time .............but there was a roponse I got from chad as chad/vic

October 25, 2013 at 12:42 pm |
    • Vic

Wow..I just read this..well, I really don't know what to say but thank you.

Just so you know, I am a nobody!

October 25, 2013 at 12:43 pm |
      • Science

Hi chadie ?

October 25, 2013 at 12:49 pm |
        • Akira

Chad and Vic are both fond of using HTML in their posts, and both are devout Christians. Their posting styles are completely different, however.

October 25, 2013 at 1:19 pm |
        • Science

Cpoied from another post well VIC what is IT ?

TrollAlert

"Ronald Regonzo" who degenerates to:
          "Salvatore" degenerates to:
          "Douglas" degenerates to:
          "truth be told" degenerates to:
          "Thinker23" degenerates to:
          "Atheism is not healthy ..." degenerates to:
          "another repentant sinner" degenerates to:
          "Dodney Rangerfield" degenerates to:
          "tina" degenerates to:
          "captain america" degenerates to:
          "Atheist Hunter" degenerates to:
          "Anybody know how to read? " degenerates to:
          "just sayin" degenerates to:
          "ImLook'nUp" degenerates to:
          "Kindness" degenerates to:
          "Chad" degenerates to
          "Bob" degenerates to
          "nope" degenerates to:
          "2357" degenerates to:
          "WOW" degenerates to:
          "fred" degenerates to:
          "!" degenerates to:
          "John 3:16" degenerates to:
          "pervert alert" is the degenerate.

This troll is not a christian
          November 27, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply

October 25, 2013 at 1:28 pm |
        • Doris

Yes, Akira. Vic might be able to make a profit and a prophet by selling at least half of his exclamation points to Chad.

October 25, 2013 at 1:29 pm |
        • Science

And I see Cap't somewhere .

October 25, 2013 at 1:30 pm |
        • Spotter

Science,

Some of those on that list are correct as name-morphing (or whatever you want to call it) trolls. Some are not. The person who compiled it was not very savvy. Plus, the list is almost a year old, many more could be cited now. IMHO it's best to deal with one post at a time, according to its content, and pay less attention to the screen names.

October 25, 2013 at 1:46 pm |
        • Vic

Obviously, the ladies are smarter and funnier than the guys! LOL!

It's just me Vic. I never posted under any other handle, ever, on the CNN Belief Blog.

October 25, 2013 at 1:53 pm |
        • Science

Something current.

by Tony Kennedy6 days ago – Prominent University of St. Thomas board member resigns ... the priest se-x abuse scandal in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Boston made ...

October 25, 2013 at 2:10 pm |
        • Akira

Doris, no doubt. Plus, Chad tended to italicize whole paragraphs, whereas Vic just does a word at a time; along with the over exuberance of the exclamation point.

Vic seems very impassioned with his posts.

I sometimes miss Chad. He was fun to watch.

October 25, 2013 at 2:25 pm |
        • Charm Quark

I missed mama k glad to see her back Doris.

October 25, 2013 at 3:08 pm |
      • Lucifer's Evil Twin

"Just so you know, I am a nobody!"

How depressing...

October 25, 2013 at 12:50 pm |
      • Science

Oops..............that is a nobody in a garage !

October 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm |
      • Science

Vic what was it 1825 ?

October 25, 2013 at 2:05 pm |
      • Science

Hey Vic

What is it again casual agent/first cause or 1812 ?

October 25, 2013 at 4:20 pm |
      • Science

And Doogie shows up................who is next AE ?

October 25, 2013 at 4:50 pm |
      • Science

Fred came out too....................over on the billboard article funny stuff.

October 25, 2013 at 7:10 pm |
  20. doc zzzz

jesus christ was god's son. proven by numerous sources and the testimony of hundreds of millions. can't deny it. too bad 4 morons of the atheist faith. they r going 2 hell. their choice.

October 25, 2013 at 11:53 am |
    • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

I get it.

😉

October 25, 2013 at 11:56 am |
      • Observer

At a girl!

October 25, 2013 at 12:05 pm |
        • I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that

Thanks. Kudos, by the way.

October 25, 2013 at 12:07 pm |
    • Doris

@the tired doc

LOL. uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no.

October 25, 2013 at 11:58 am |
    • doobzz

"proven by numerous sources"

LOL. Did they give a deposition?

October 25, 2013 at 12:33 pm |
    • Spotter

doc zzzz,

It's not surprising that you are sleepy - you are on here trolling almost 24 hrs. a day, every day!

October 25, 2013 at 1:02 pm |
    • Akira

Well, hi, faith! (Waves)
      How the lawsuit going? You're giving CNN ample ammunition to use in their defense by your constant name-stealing and trolling. Odd that your "attorneys" wouldn't point out that your breaking the TOS isn't going to help you case at all.
      As always, eagerly awaiting the subpoena that you've threatened me with.

October 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm |
      • Spotter

Me, I can hardly wait for the "lawsuit" - the real ident'ity of this goofball will then be exposed. It's going to be hilarious!

October 25, 2013 at 1:34 pm |
        • Akira

I think that CNN should televise it. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

October 25, 2013 at 2:46 pm |