home
RSS
January 13th, 2014

Breastfeeding in church? Pope says yes

By Daniel Burke, Belief Blog Co-editor

(CNN) - Amid the iconic art in the Sistine Chapel on Sunday, Pope Francis told mothers that it's acceptable to breastfeed their children in public, even in holy sites like churches.

Children's voices, even when crying, make "the most beautiful choir of all," Francis said during a service in which he baptized 32 children.

"Some will cry because they are uncomfortable or because they are hungry," the Pope said. "If they are hungry, mothers, let them eat, no worries, because here, they are the main focus."

The Sistine Chapel, with its famous frescoes by Michelangelo, is the official chapel of the Apostolic Palace, traditionally the papal residence. Francis, though, lives in the Vatican guesthouse, Casa Santa Marta, saying it better suits his low-key style.

The Pope's remarks echo statements he made to an Italian newspaper in December in which he tied breastfeeding to the problem of global hunger.

At a recent General Audience - or public appearance by the Pope - a young mother sat behind a screen with her crying infant, Francis told La Stampa.

"I said to her: 'Madam, I think the child’s hungry. ... Please give it something to eat!' " the Pope said.

"She was shy and didn’t want to breastfeed in public, while the Pope was passing," he continued. "I wish to say the same to humanity: Give people something to eat! That woman had milk to give to her child; we have enough food in the world to feed everyone."

Emer McCarthy, a journalist at Vatican Radio, told Catholic News Service that she breastfed her daughter discreetly during Sunday's baptism ceremony. "Who would have thought the Pope would be this great proponent?" she said.

Breastfeeding in public, particularly in sacred sites such as churches, remains a sensitive issue for families, as noted by a recent Religion News Service article.

A blog post on "Five Places Moms Need to Breastfeed Discreetly" listed churches as No. 5, following public pools, restaurants, airplanes and sporting events.

"It's wonderful when moms want to bring the kids to church and nurture their faith early on," wrote blogger Mary Fischer. "But a coverup is a necessity with a baby in tow. Do I really have to elaborate here?"

- CNN Religion Editor

Filed under: Catholic Church • Church • Ethics • Faith & Health • Food • gender issues • Health • Houses of worship • Mass • Pope Francis • Sacred Spaces • Women

soundoff (1,126 Responses)
  1. Dawn

I love the article except at the end when the woman says to bring a cover up and does she really have to elaborate here? I think it's a personal choice to cover up or not. Also have you ever breastfed a 6-12 month old baby? They want to see and cover ups usually get ripped right off! Breasts were designed by our creator to feed our babies! Let's think about that!

January 13, 2014 at 8:57 pm |
    • The point

Nobody is saying breast feeding is unnatural or unhealthy. There is a time and a place, that is all.

January 13, 2014 at 8:59 pm |
      • Dot

Sure. When the infant is hungry.

January 13, 2014 at 9:05 pm |
        • sly

No no no Dot!

It is when The Pope Says It Is Allowed.

Do it before then and you best be awaiting a sarious Smotin'!

January 13, 2014 at 9:28 pm |
        • Dot

Lactate on demand? That's some papal edict!

January 13, 2014 at 9:35 pm |
        • sly

Ah, you do indeed under-estimate (Darwin 3.321a/2x) The Pope, and The Power Of God (Palm 431asx2c.so3) Verse 4.

January 13, 2014 at 9:59 pm |
        • Dot

Yer cracking me up, sly.

January 13, 2014 at 10:01 pm |
      • Ken Margo

The point you seem to be missing is that kids don't get hungry or cranky at specific times.

January 13, 2014 at 9:06 pm |
        • HEIDI SCHOENBERG

Are you serious? REALLY! children are hungry at certain times of the day. MAYBE YOU SHOULDENT EAT THREE MEALS A DAY. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE THAT

January 13, 2014 at 9:37 pm |
        • Ken Margo

@Heidi..........You seem to be missing my point. I'm saying what you are saying. I'm not limiting when children should be fed. I said there isn't always a pattern. You feed them when you need to.

January 13, 2014 at 9:40 pm |
        • Dot

Re-read his remark, Heidi. His view supports yours.

January 13, 2014 at 9:41 pm |
      • think about it

the time is when an infant is hungry and the place is God's house! I can't think of a better place than the house of the person who brought us here!

January 13, 2014 at 9:07 pm |
        • No Evidence

That would be your parents house....

January 14, 2014 at 8:48 am |
      • The point

I'm not even going to get into it with you about the existence of any deities, just answer me this. Do you want me brushing my teeth or flossing while sitting next to you? Do you even care that your behavior makes someone else's skin crawl?

January 13, 2014 at 9:11 pm |
        • Ken Margo

We're talking about FEEDING A CHILD. A SCREAMING CHILD. It's not that women wake up a sleeping baby and feed them. They are trying to keep the kid quiet so YOU aren't disturbed as well. It's a win win. You just can't satisfy people.

January 13, 2014 at 9:15 pm |

Reposted properly:

That is the biggest apples to oranges comparison I’ve ever seen. Quite a leap.
          If seeing that makes your skin crawl, sit elsewhere. I would get up and move if you started to floss your teeth. Simple.

January 13, 2014 at 9:19 pm |
        • philliesphan1975

if you really think those are comparable to feeding a baby, you're a tool.

January 13, 2014 at 9:22 pm |
        • The point

You act as if there are no other options. Not taking him or her into a place that he or she will be uncomfortable in the first place is a good option. Taking a pumped bottle is a good option. Going into another room is a good option.

January 13, 2014 at 9:23 pm |
        • The point

Philliesphan I am not a "tool" if you don't agree with me you are another human who thinks their farts don't stink.

January 13, 2014 at 9:25 pm |
        • Dot

Sure those are good options. So are feeding her child right then and there.

January 13, 2014 at 9:30 pm |
        • Ken Margo

" Not taking him or her into a place that he or she will be uncomfortable in the first place is a good option."

You want the mother to "ask" the infant where do they want to go?

Taking a pumped bottle is a good option.

And if the child has already drank what was pumped in the bottle?

Going into another room is a good option.

Since this is a restaurant, what room would you like for her to be sentenced to? Let me guess!

Bathroom. Mothers food will get cold, Women can breastfeed and eat their food at the same time.
          What is the mother has other small children. Just leave them alone at the table?
          You either hate mothers or infants.

January 13, 2014 at 9:37 pm |
        • The point

Lactation rooms, baby sitters, take out the possibilities are endless

January 13, 2014 at 9:41 pm |
        • Dot

Or she can do as the Pope suggested and feed her child.

January 13, 2014 at 9:44 pm |
        • The point

Well yes of course if the pope says so then by all means

January 13, 2014 at 9:49 pm |
        • Ken Margo

Ok you pay for the baby sitter. Lactation rooms? I'm in NYC. I've never seen that. (Ok as a man, I wouldn't see that)

January 13, 2014 at 9:51 pm |
        • The point

NYC, my sympathies. I'm not saying I would complain to management if someone is feeding their kid. But it is freaking disgusting in my eyes.

January 13, 2014 at 9:54 pm |
        • Dot

Sorry something so important is repugnant to you, point. By all means, look away.

January 13, 2014 at 10:07 pm |
        • Ken Margo

Breastfeeding a baby is disgusting? Wow. Hey you are ent.itled to your feelings. I'll leave it at that.

January 13, 2014 at 10:13 pm |
        • Gizeh

Point, you poor poor thing... I feel so bad for you. Why do you hate breast feeding so much! I think you need to call your dr. and readjust your medication you seem to be a very angry and sad person.

January 13, 2014 at 10:44 pm |
  2. Lewis

We hear babies crying all the time in public places. Telling a mother, give your child something to eat does not mean breast feeding. The pope simply drew the attention of a mother to her crying baby.

He mentions nothing about breast feeding.

January 13, 2014 at 8:57 pm |
    • Dot

You're right. He was clearly talking about giving the baby a sammy. 🙄

January 13, 2014 at 9:02 pm |
    • Heffner

Men get horn.y at the mention of breast, can you imagine the hormonal imbalance that an exposed breast will cause? Ladies, your breasts are for your kids only, please don't flash them for the world to see.

January 13, 2014 at 9:06 pm |
      • Ken Margo

No Hugh, you get horn.y at the mention of breast.

January 13, 2014 at 9:08 pm |
      • Dot

They're not "flashing" them. You get so exited at a mother feeding her infant that you can't control yourself??

January 13, 2014 at 9:08 pm |
      • Beelzebutter

Listen if I can get through a whole sermon about Satan, you can get through a boob sighting. Then you can go home after church like I do and share it with someone who cares.

January 13, 2014 at 9:30 pm |
    • Dot

That is the biggest apples to oranges comparison I've ever seen. Quite a leap.

January 13, 2014 at 9:14 pm |

Meant for point is.

January 13, 2014 at 9:17 pm |
    • Brandon Dunn

Catholic cover their hair inside the church, they will be the last ones who want a public show of themselves feeding their babies.

The pope is a compassionate man who understood a babies cry, this baby could have cried for a million reasons, hunger was just one of them. It probably needed a diaper changes, the pope is reassuring this mother that it is okay for her to take care of her baby, nothing more to this story.

January 13, 2014 at 9:18 pm |
      • Dot

That's old school, covering one's hair; however, I think you're right.

January 13, 2014 at 9:21 pm |
      • Lewis

Not all mommies breast feed their babies. Feed your hungry child does not mean a command to strictly breast feed.

January 13, 2014 at 9:24 pm |
        • Dot

No, clearly he meant something else when he said this:

“She was shy and didn’t want to breastfeed in public, while the Pope was passing,” he continued. “I wish to say the same to humanity: Give people something to eat! That woman had milk to give to her child; we have enough food in the world to feed everyone."

January 13, 2014 at 9:33 pm |
        • Lewis

You mixed up two separate conversations, by two different people on two separate occasions. In this specific instance the pope asked this woman to take care of a crying baby when heard a baby cry. How can anybody tell a stranger to breast feed when you don't know if this particular baby is being bottle fed?

January 13, 2014 at 9:43 pm |
        • Dot

No I didn't. Here is the first part of that conversation:

“I said to her: ‘Madam, I think the child’s hungry. … Please give it something to eat!’ ” the Pope said.

January 13, 2014 at 9:47 pm |
        • Dot

Here is the whole passage:

“She was shy and didn’t want to breastfeed in public, while the Pope was passing,” he continued. “I wish to say the same to humanity: Give people something to eat! That woman had milk to give to her child; we have enough food in the world to feed everyone.”

January 13, 2014 at 9:49 pm |
        • Dot

Oh, I get what you're saying, Lewis.

January 13, 2014 at 9:50 pm |
        • Dot

Although I do believe, in this instance, he was giving permission to breastfeed.

January 13, 2014 at 9:53 pm |
        • Lewis

That's the point. 'Give it something to eat' does not mean, 'Woman, breast feed your crying baby'. The pope has no way of knowing how this child is fed, it could be bottle fed or it's probably a Gerber baby, who knows? He's just drawing attention to a crying baby that needs to taken care of.

January 13, 2014 at 9:57 pm |
        • Dot

Sure he could have meant something else, but given how widely reported on this Pope is, if he hadn't meant breastfeeding, I'm sure a statement to that affect would have already be issued...

January 13, 2014 at 10:04 pm |
    • Jim Peters

Literacy is a wonderful thing .... "She was shy and didn’t want to breastfeed in public, while the Pope was passing," he (the Pope) continued. "I wish to say the same to humanity: Give people something to eat! That woman had milk to give to her child; we have enough food in the world to feed everyone."

So yes, the Pope did mention Breastfeeding. What article were you reading?

January 13, 2014 at 9:59 pm |
  3. thebrowns

Maybe he trying to get the priests excited over more than just boys.

January 13, 2014 at 8:47 pm |
    • Beelzebutter

The ones who like boys ought to be shot, the ones who like boobs can stay, and I can sit in the back fanning myself while they talk about Satan.

January 13, 2014 at 8:54 pm |
    • Beelzebutter

Pedos should get the death penalty and I wouldn't feel sorry for them at all.

January 13, 2014 at 8:57 pm |
  4. Anthony Crispino

Oh this must be about the Breast Feeding Frenzy that this guy I know that makes stuff out of bottle tops was telling me about. Does it start this week already? I think I'm a little overdue to confess a few things. If I can get my nephew Toolie to watch my neighbor's hubcaps for me, I can probably make the 8am and the 7:30pm and probably the 5pm on Saturday over at that place around the corner – St Anthony Claret. Sounds like they might serve real wine in there for communion. I'm in!*!!

January 13, 2014 at 8:44 pm |
  5. Age of Reason

..."NO one knows if this "jesus Christ" existed, and if he did, NOTHING is known about him!"
    WHY I AM NOT A CHRISTIAN Bertrand Russell 1928

January 13, 2014 at 8:41 pm |
    • Jesus Christ Son of God

I'm real! At least I think I am. Am I not?

January 13, 2014 at 8:44 pm |
  6. I'm not a GOPer, nor do I play one on TV

OK, this is from a "blog post" not an authority on etiquette but really.

Pools? Pretty much 95% of the female anatomy is on display at a public pool. Someone is worried about a baby covering naughty bits up instead of a swatch of wet fabric? Inconceivable.

Airplanes? A mother breastfeeding verus a crying baby? No contest – that's an easy choice.

Restaurants? Ditto

January 13, 2014 at 8:37 pm |
    • The horrors of nature

It's not the body itself it's the horrible thought of what an infant must endure to get a meal. Watching a lion eat a gazelle isn't much better, or a chicken eat a roach. We know it happens. You just don't want to see it.

January 13, 2014 at 8:40 pm |
      • Larry H.

"what an infant must endure to get a meal"??? Thousands of men would love to "endure" that!

January 13, 2014 at 8:48 pm |
        • An ugly truth

You probably have already, and it was your mom.

January 13, 2014 at 9:00 pm |
  7. Liz

It's ironic that the same mothers who are afraid/ashamed to breastfeed in church are probably sitting near medieval paintings of the Virgin Mary breastfeeding baby Jesus!

January 13, 2014 at 8:24 pm |
    • Hmmm

So you think the middle ages were a good thing I take it?

January 13, 2014 at 8:29 pm |
    • No Evidence

right next to all those graven images in the church?

January 14, 2014 at 10:04 am |
  8. WestsacVoice

The breasts are made specifically to feed babies. It is society that perverted the breast and cast it as a social stigma to be shown in public. I guess you can be discreet by using a breast pump and then using a bottle. However, the debate is less about the mother and child than it is about the maturity of society. Just grow up already!

January 13, 2014 at 8:23 pm |
    • Hmmm

My back end was made for making poo. Just sayin.

January 13, 2014 at 8:31 pm |
      • thebrowns

Not that's a funny ending!

January 13, 2014 at 8:45 pm |
      • MamaBearX3

Nursing is NOT comparable to making poo.

January 13, 2014 at 9:43 pm |
        • In one end out the other

Digestion is digestion

January 13, 2014 at 9:47 pm |
  9. Dyslexic doG

Please tell me why doesn't your god appear to the world and show us all that he is the one?

He seems to be narcissistic enough and vain enough and insecure enough to want more adoration and more worship. Your book which you keep bleating is the "word of god", certainly sees god commanding you endlessly to adore him and worship him and bow before him and idolize him and praise him.

It would be effortless for him to show himself, like he seemed to do pretty regularly back in the bronze age, and he wouldn't have to send so many people to eternal fire and pain and torment. Surely, if he is the loving god that you claim, he would be anxious to save all these people rather than damn them?

I am shaking my head as I write this, in amazement at the pure infantile foolishness that enables you to believe in something so patently false.

It's amazing. Simply amazing.

January 13, 2014 at 8:18 pm |
    • Christianity vs other things

In Christianity it's a matter of "one day", not today not to morrow but one day. It can always be postponed. In some other religions their god(s) are supposedly around as we speak, those are the ones that seem more worth chasing. If you are in a "big foot" sort of mood.

January 13, 2014 at 8:21 pm |
    • Tom, Tom, the Other One

He's shy. He's, you know... not particularly buff or well-endowed, and he's the Almighty Father and all that. Also, there may be warrants over that thing with the 14 year-old.

January 13, 2014 at 8:24 pm |
    • RB

I think part of the reason that he doesn’t reveal himself completely, visibly to everyone, is because he knows our nature, and knew all along that the ultimate plan was to send his holy and perfect son to redeem us. He revealed himself to the children of Israel and they disobeyed, they repented and he revealed himself again, they rebelled, and so on, over and over again. At some point, his glory left the earth and you will notice the people started referring to him as the God of heaven.
      Of course, his son walked the earth and revealed himself to thousands of people. He made a way that we can all be reconciled to God and went back to heaven. Then he sent his holy spirit as a witness on the earth from that time till now.

January 13, 2014 at 8:43 pm |
      • Ken Margo

As you wrote RB "You think". It's a guess for you and a guess for others that believe as you do. Nobody knows. You can only go by a book that is written just like all other books. It doesn't matter if it's Harry Potter or the bible. All written by man. (or woman)

January 13, 2014 at 8:51 pm |
    • Larry H.

So every time religion is mentioned, we have to have a debate about the validity of Christianity or the existence of god? I'm an agnostic myself, but could we stick with the contents of the article?

January 13, 2014 at 8:50 pm |
      • Dyslexic doG

you feel free to focus on the minutiae. Me, I want the BIG questions answered.

January 13, 2014 at 11:20 pm |
  10. Felix Sinclair

Stop asking the Pope such absurd questions.

January 13, 2014 at 8:17 pm |
  11. Big Ben

This Pope is going to drive those Republicans crazy.

January 13, 2014 at 8:13 pm |
    • Chris

Speaking as I Republican I can say, not really. We are (or should be) about individual rights and responsibilities, and this is about both. I'm not Catholic, but in this case I think the Pope has it correct.

January 13, 2014 at 8:20 pm |
    • Tony

That is a stupid comment.

January 13, 2014 at 8:27 pm |
      • Ken Margo

Have you heard the repubs lately?

January 13, 2014 at 8:45 pm |
    • ed

True. I'll bet with his next sensible pronouncement, Michele Bachmann's head will just spin completely around.

January 13, 2014 at 8:54 pm |
  12. Gort1

and who said a woman needs permission from anyone to feed her baby?

January 13, 2014 at 8:12 pm |
    • Maureen Jones

The same men who sit in Congress and say that women can't make their own reproductive decisions.

January 13, 2014 at 8:17 pm |
      • Seriously

Granted I want no government at all as in anarchy but just for the record, in your eyes you are saying that it is not okay to make an infant wait for a meal until he's in a secluded room but it's fine to rip him out of his starting point organ by organ?
        Interesting. Glad I'm not your kid. Either way.

January 13, 2014 at 9:18 pm |
        • Ken Margo

Babies ARE NOT ABORTED. Embryos are. 90% of abortions occur in the first 3 months.

January 13, 2014 at 10:17 pm |
    • Felix Sinclair

Hysterical men afraid of lady parts.

January 13, 2014 at 8:18 pm |
    • sly

Well, not usually, but when God is involved, yes.

You cannot pick you nose at the Vatican if the Pope is present, although CNN is currently investigating reports that the Pope will, yes, WILL, allow nose picking within the Vatican.

Sure puts the ol' breast feeding story on the back page now doesn't it! Heh heh heh. Breast feeding. Pschaw ...

January 13, 2014 at 9:23 pm |
  13. Paris Miller

I challenge anyone to find anything bad or negative with breasts !

January 13, 2014 at 8:09 pm |
    • Jen

They get in the way when I'm washing dishes. They're the main reason I can't play tennis worth a damn. They are tumor factories.

January 13, 2014 at 8:14 pm |
      • Maureen Jones

Also interfere with golf swings!

January 13, 2014 at 8:19 pm |
      • Lisa

At my age you can tie em in a bow.

January 13, 2014 at 8:36 pm |
      • Ken Margo

This is a conversation a man should stay out of.

January 13, 2014 at 8:45 pm |
  14. RT Colorado

His Holiness wants to breatfeed in church? Well, more power to him. It is after all his church, right? But I don't want to be sitting next to him while he does it!

January 13, 2014 at 8:09 pm |
    • Hmmm

Great post 😀

January 13, 2014 at 8:30 pm |

Men can't breastfeed.

January 13, 2014 at 8:42 pm |
      • No Evidence

No way!!!

January 14, 2014 at 10:08 am |
  15. maruzicho

I would disagree unless their is a private area such as a nursing room for this to be done. Breast feeding babies is healthy, but personally I want to go to church for God. Does one really want to see their partner showing their breasts in the middle of church service. Just my opinion

January 13, 2014 at 7:59 pm |
    • Jason

Really turns you on to see a baby on 'em, eh?

January 13, 2014 at 8:06 pm |
    • Lara

It's not like a nursing mother walks around flashing people. It's completely natural and a process that was designed by God. If your ability to worship is hindered by a breastfeeding woman, then that is YOUR problem, not the woman's.

January 13, 2014 at 8:29 pm |
      • Oh the agony

My ability to worship is hindered by the invisibility factor. The later only affects my ability to keep my lunch down.

January 13, 2014 at 8:33 pm |
    • elmosfire

If you don't want to see a woman breast feed, don't look.

January 13, 2014 at 8:51 pm |
    • philliesphan1975

How about just not looking then, pervert.

January 13, 2014 at 9:20 pm |
  16. God

Dear pope,

Satan tells me you are running around telling everyone you know me. Please stop lying, I have no idea who you are.

God

January 13, 2014 at 7:34 pm |
    • Intelligent Earthling

Dear god,

Why don't you make yourself visible and tell us what to do? Until then, you don't exist.

Someone with a (non-brainwashed) brain

January 13, 2014 at 7:46 pm |
      • skalaballa

He already did. He healed the sick, brought back the dead to life and raised himself from the dead- but still many don't believe.

When He returns again to make Himself visible, it will be too late to claim your salvation. Please look inside yourself and make sure you are aware of where you stand and the importance of what you do here on Earth before.

I know you're going to laugh at this because you think you know everything and are your own god. If you put your faith in yourself, you're setting yourself up to save yourself.

-Someone with a (baptized and washed) brain

January 13, 2014 at 7:59 pm |
        • Ken Margo

Healed the sick? Then why are there dead people?
          Raised the dead? Why are there cemetaries?
          Look inside myself? ewwwwwwwwww.

January 13, 2014 at 8:05 pm |
        • Dyslexic doG

yes all this happened in your bronze age story book with no other verifiable proof. As such, I am as likely to believe that Harry Potter killed Voldemort as I am to believe anything in your cult book of horrors.

January 13, 2014 at 8:14 pm |
      • UriNation

I'd rather believe/have faith while I am alive, than wish I had after my life ends. If there is no God, then after I die, I won't know the difference anyway.

January 13, 2014 at 8:01 pm |
        • Paris Miller

Yes I see. If there is no God then you have let the Church control you and take your money while the pastor sleeps with your spouse 😦 Dad always said that if the preacher comes "put the chickens away and sit on your wife's lap !"

January 13, 2014 at 8:13 pm |
        • SN

What difference would it make to know after you one is dead anyway? Just curious (Unbiased).

January 13, 2014 at 8:16 pm |
        • Dyslexic doG

Uri: that's just like me. I'd rather wear a pink tutu all my life just in case I stumble into a ballet one day.

January 13, 2014 at 8:17 pm |
        • Felix Sinclair

This is called Pascal's Wager, and you better hope you picked the correct version of the correct god.

January 13, 2014 at 8:18 pm |
      • truth decay

if "he" doesn't exist, why are you writing dear god letters to him? >:-[D>

January 13, 2014 at 8:34 pm |
    • Jesus Christ Son of God

Dad, why did you let them nail me to the cross?

January 13, 2014 at 7:54 pm |
      • skalaballa

Our sins nailed him to the cross, not us. The difference is that Jesus willingly let them put him on the cross to die for us. He cried out "Why hast thou forsaken me" because in that moment he took on the sin, sickness, pain, and death upon himself and became that sin dying upon the cross.

January 14, 2014 at 10:17 am |
        • No Evidence

Sorry but that is a big load of crapola. The delusion is strong in this one!

January 14, 2014 at 11:27 am |
  17. Becky h

This was a great article until the Mary Fischer part. Why include someone with those feelings in wonderful piece about the pope and breastfeeding.

January 13, 2014 at 7:29 pm |
    • Ah

You saw the pope breast feeding the priest too?

January 13, 2014 at 7:36 pm |
  18. truth exists because we face it

when I was a kid, I broke into the church and stole some hosts for the movie theater. It was blessed fun throwing them around in the theater.

January 13, 2014 at 7:26 pm |
  19. Evolutionist

I used to spend a lot of time worrying about why people kill one another, why they fight, why they refuse to show any decorum in general. Then I just looked to my cat for answers. Short answer we are critters. You can't expect too much from us. You can't change it. A dog will still clean himself and we will still bite our toenails and all the other things we are so good at.

January 13, 2014 at 7:25 pm |
    • Evolutionist

And we are not going to change for millions of years most likely.

January 13, 2014 at 7:26 pm |
    • truth exists because we face it

I like your handle.

Evolution is proof there is no religious god. Like a god's going too wait for man to pop out of evolution to praise him.

If I were a god. I'd laugh my behind off at these religious delusional.

January 13, 2014 at 7:29 pm |
    • Ken Margo

I don't bite my toenails.

January 13, 2014 at 7:31 pm |
      • Hominid

Dude you are missing out.

January 13, 2014 at 7:58 pm |
        • Ken Margo

I've seen my toenails. No thanks.

January 13, 2014 at 9:10 pm |
    • ME II

@Evolutionist,
      I don't know what an "evolutionist" is, but your understanding of evolution is sorely lacking.

January 14, 2014 at 9:45 am |
  20. truth exists because we face it

How arrogant of the pope. Telling people it's Ok to feed? Who the heck does he think he is? Royalty?

Then again, the real concern are the women who submit to his presence and needed approval. Just like middle eastern muslim women , treated a s2nd class and accepting it.

January 13, 2014 at 7:23 pm |